C15 - Life With Or Without You

The Maia and Ross Diaries
Previous And Previously

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* . *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Maia can't choose him, pick him, love him.

She realizes writing is her outlet and it helps, it makes her feel like she's opened a new door to finding out who she is - but there is one thing that her writing could be held back by and that is the boy she forces herself to believe is toxic for her. There was bitterness, bitter points. Pretty much. Bitter words and words sometimes build mountains. Obviously. She can't put her guard down, she can't put her mom down. She can't let herself down. But that just makes her world all the more black and white.

Sagging Into The Kitchen - Saturday Morning

"There's our baby girl!" Dad shouts from the table. Hailey rolls her eyes, and slumps back onto the counter top. Oh know... usually when dad says those cliche, fake cute stuff-- he broke something of mine. Plus, my hair was frizzed up, my pajamas were loose, my house shoes were worn out, and I was scratching my butt non stop. I was FAR from looking like a "baby girl."

Surprisingly Hailey was the only presentable person in the room. Dad wasn't even fresh, but he sure was excited about something-- or maybe he just broke something of mine, like I suspected.

"Wat'cha break?" I asked, sitting by Hailey, across from dad. Hailey had still been slumping about something, and I started to become curious. Dad started smiling. "I have some good news," He held my hands.

"Trust me. It's not good news," Hailey shouted. "Its bull-shit!" Suddenly her face had gone pink, and for the first time in forever I saw a tear shot down her face. She did the usual Hailey rebel moves by knocking over the chair, and leaving the room. "Dad?" I asked. "What news?"

"I think its for the best if...," He started. "I think its best if we move. We're moving!"

Slumping onto the Counter

As dad finished explaining to me, "new life adjustments" I just couldn't believe he thought about something like that.

He laid it on me, on one of my worst mornings -- Saturday, and worst of all he couldn't even realize neither of his daughters thought this was "the best."

"But dad!" I tired one more time.

"Maia," He said furiously. "Stop, because I'm not going to change my mind. What's done is done. Why would this not be good for us? We can start a new life, a new title, no memories of the past!"

He really made me think. "So you mean...no mom." That's basically what he just said in that paragraphed speech. I noticed dad hadn't had his ring on, and he just stared at the ground frustrated. He left the kitchen, with not another word said. I was moving. Just like that. Moving...

Monday - School Meeting

You'd think I'd go crying to my best friends, but if I told them they'd probably murder my dad. In reality, you think you'll stay with your friends until the ends of the earth. But in "REALITY, reality" one of them moves away out of nowhere.

Everyone was sitting in the school's bleachers surrounding the outside court. For some reason, our nut job Principal had some other "good news" to throw at me. I was sitting by Nina and Allie, not saying much of anything but listening to them gab about cute guys.