○ n i n e t e e n ○

B  E  S  T    F  R  I  E  N  D  '  S
P . O . V .

I sat cross legged, on the other side of the bed and faced the young man. He did the same, and rested his chin on his fist, his elbow pressed into his knee. He sighed and raised a brow at me briefly, then returned to his previous knitted-brow facial expression. He looked so intense, as if he was in deep thought all the time.

"Well, are you gonna ask me anything?" He grumbled, running his free hand through his hair, pushing it back from his emerald green orbs. Flopping sideways, I kicked my legs up into the air and rolled onto my stomach, resting my chin in my hands. I tilted my head to face him and began to speak.

"I got one for ya. How long ago did you break up with your last girlfriend?"

He winced visibly and rubbed the back of his neck, laying down parallel to me. His chest rose, stopped, then slowly let out the air trapped in his lungs.

"She broke up with me, rather, she was fucking another guy, and..." he trailed off, staring blankly at the ceiling. I felt numb, not knowing how to react. I mean yeah, I had been in sucky relationships, but never once had I been cheated on.

"I'm sorry, Max. I won't ask." I murmured comfortingly, patting his shoulder. He rolled over to face me, and wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me into his chest, just holding me in the deafening silence. His actions spoke more than any noise that could've been made in that moment. I glanced up at him, and he just stared forward into the wall behind me, his jaw clenched tight. I wrapped my arm around his waist, and gave him a comforting squeeze.

"Thank you." He whispered, almost to where I didn't hear it. I rolled over and pulled him by the arm to press against my back. He stiffened up at first, but then relaxed and pulled me closer to him.

"I can't heal your wounds, but maybe if we just lay like this, you'll feel a little better." I murmured, turning my head sideways to glance over my shoulder at him. He raised his head and placed a sweet kiss to my cheek, and then my lips. He wasn't demanding and needy like he was that one drunken night, but he was soft. Sweet. Loving.

"This is perfect, dove." He breathed against my lips, caressing my hips with the palm of his hand. I grinned and pulled the cream-colored duvet over us.

"Max, I really love this." I murmured, sinking into his warmth once more. His body enclosed mine, which was a feat since I was a little on the tall side, or so I thought. I loved the feeling. His breath fanned my neck, and his delicate fingertips traced swirls into the skin of my hips. It tickled, but I was so peaceful in that moment that nothing in the world could distract me from him.

"We can sleep like this every night, dove. I like having someone to hold, and I can tell you do too." He rasped tiredly, and then gave my side a gentle squeeze. "I have a question for you, though, if that's okay dove?"

"Of course it is, what's up?" I grumbled, the drag of sleep beginning to blanket my voice thickly.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

I opened my eyes, shocked. It seemed sudden, but maybe he did want the same out of our relationship that I did. It was crazy, but possible. And just as I was about to comment, he added onto his question.

"I only wanna get to know you better, dove. I really like you, and you seem like such a kind girl. I know it seems fast, but if I didn't really truly feel something for you, something I wanted to last, I wouldn't have even pursued you. I want to keep you around, (b/f). So will you please do me the honor of going on a date with me?"

~

[ a.n. : sorry this one is so short, i just wanted to build the relationship between them more, possible smut in the next chapter! also sorry about the art photos for m/bf, its hard to find pictures to use that arent art. ]