○ e l e v e n ○

The sun rose and Joji was nowhere to be found in his room. The clock read 10:32 and I smelled bacon. He was making breakfast, of course. I looked out the window to see small flakes of white drifting down from the gray sky, and I gasped. It was Christmas AND it was snowing.

"Merry Christmas, Joji baby!" I piped, strolling out into the living room. He grinned and shut off the stove, running up to me to embrace me, and picking me up. I squealed and laughed as he spun me around, and kissed me softly.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." He rasped. His clothes smelled warm, and he was so welcoming. It had been years since I felt like this, but he felt like home. My thoughts were startled by him pulling something out from behind his back. It was a box. I grinned and took it delicately into my hands, moving to sit down on the couch. He walked back into his kitchen, and grabbed two warm plates of scrambled eggs and bacon. He sat down beside me and set the plates on the coffee table, kissing my cheek.

"Open your gifts, Hana" He murmured. It sounded like "Hannah" but had a shorter and more Japanese sound to it. I looked at him curiously and chuckled. "It sounds like 'Hannah', I know, but it means flower in Japanese."

"Aw George..." I murmured, nuzzling my nose into the crook of his neck sweetly. I had never had a little nickname like that. He grinned and nudged the box at me once more. I pointed to his small stack of boxes underneath the petite tree.

"I'll open the gifts if you can bring the rest of the gifts over here." I teased, examining the box he had just given me. It was a decent size, so I wondered what he had got me. It didnt move, so it wasn't alive. Womp.

I opened it to find an artist's wet dream. Two sketchbooks, a tanned paper one and a white paper one, watercolors, colored pencils, sketching pencils, and 10 copic markers. I gasped and examined the contents carefully. I threw my arms around his neck and grinned, kissing his cheeks and lips.

"Joji, I love them, thank you, how did you ever afford this?" I breathed. He kissed my nose and chuckled.

"I've got my ways, sweetheart. I've got a friend who works for an art supply company, and he was able to hook me up." He murmured. I giggled and sighed.

"Oh, Joji..."

~

All in all, I got a new cap, some new headphones, the art supplies, the necklace, and an amazon gift card, for $50. I figured I'd spend it on something for myself that Joji would enjoy. I had got him a necklace, the cap, 3 new t-shirts, pair of sunglasses, and a new camera and mic. The clock read 8:32 and we were cuddled up in his bed, cups of hot cocoa in our hands, our bellies full of food. I was grateful for this man, who was a stranger to me before my 22nd birthday. I turned to face him, and found him staring at me.

"Your eyes." He whispered.

"What?"

"Your eyes. I saw them and I was gone. I had fallen in love at first sight. They're so big and sweet." He whispered, and proceeded to go on into describing the colors of my eyes and how they drew him in. I grinned and pressed my cheek to his, heaving a happy sigh.

"What did I do to deserve you, Joji?"

[[ hey guys, I was having my best friend read the story, and she pointed out that chapter 11 had glitched and was after 12 so yeah ! sorry about the glitch, lol ]]