○ f i v e ○

J: hey man, i was wondering if you'd like to come over?
J: i wanna show you somethin and ask you somethin too.

Y/N: [image sent]
Y/N: here's that drawing btw, and sure! I have a music lesson i gotta do rn though.
Y/N: give me like an hour or so and i'll be over.

J: aw okay, have fun!

Y/N: this little kid is like 13 and already thinks she's the queen of the fuckin world, pray for me.

J: those kids literally make me wanna fucking kill myself. dont go punting any kids now :-)

Y/N: i'll try :^)

I giggled at the conversation that just went down, and set my phone down, opening up my laptop and dialling the Skype of the girl's mother.

"Hello (y/n)! Let me go get Jesebelle and you guys can get started!" Her mother said sweetly. I loved her mother, but hated the kid. Just another snotty little brat.

Sigh...

~

I closed my laptop and took a big drink of water. That lesson went surprisingly well, and Jesebelle's voice was improving. I checked my bank account and noticed the $200 for the week had been deposited, Jesebelle was also taking piano lessons from me, and I sent her the video for two day's worth of lessons. She was a smart girl and incredibly talented, just a snotty little cunt with a bad attitude. I couldn't deny, I was proud of her. For two lessons of voice and of piano per week, and all that time to just forget, she learned really fast.

J: okay, i made fried rice and chicken, i hope you like that shit.

I noticed he had sent this about 10 minutes ago, so I figured I was okay to come over. I did so, locking my apartment door behind me. I wore a denim jacket and a black floral dress, and I had my hair as it was, curly and fluffy, sporting my signature winged liner, as always. I figured I looked okay, so I didnt bother changing from what I wore to go shopping this morning. I knocked on his door and he answered pretty quick.

"Hey, come on in!" He grinned, opening the door for me. I stepped inside and sat down on his couch, which was amazingly comfortable.

He disappeared into his bedroom and grabbed a cute little ukelele, a composition book, and a pack of cigarettes. I hadn't smoked since the last time I saw Joji, like 6 days ago, so I figured one couldnt hurt. I grinned and sat up, leaning my elbows on my knees.

"You gonna seranade me or something, huh?" I teased, eyeing the uke. He opened the book and nodded, reading through a short arrangement of chords. I grabbed a cigarette from the pack and his lighter off the coffee table, raising a brow, to which he nodded, and I stood, walking over to his bay window, which had a fantastic view of the city. I sat on the sill and opened the window, taking in the sight and smell of the city. He began to strum his chords and sang a soft tune, and I finally paid attention to the words.

"And if the stars collide, will she relieve my soul?
And when we feel alive I know she'll let me go
When you read my lips, I know you feel all cold
But I promise you my heart is made of gold"

I sat in stunned silence for a moment, the cigarette burning slowly between my fingers. He had an even better voice in person. It had the slight, almost indetectable rasp of a light smoker, like mine, and such a sweet sound. My whole body felt tingly just listening to his angelic voice.

"Joji, it's... wow. It's gorgeous." I murmured, awestricken. He blushed and put down the uke, kicking back on his couch.

"Thanks, that's the chorus of a song I have, it's a work in progress. I only have that ending down, I still need to make up the rest." He said simply, flipping through the other pages of his book.

"What's it called?"

"I dunno yet. We'll see." He sighed, squirming nervously. "Uh, (y/n)?"

"Yea, what's up?" I asked, putting out my cigarette in his little dragon ash dish and sitting across from him on the couch. He sighed and placed a hand on my knee.

"Will you go on a date with me? I wanna get to really know you, I feel strongly about you, but I do wanna take it slow, like you said." He rushed, to which I just placed my finger on his lips.

"Yes, Joji, I will. Don't be so nervous, I feel strongly about you too." I said comfortingly, to which he grinned like a kid in a candy store.

"Great. I lied about the fried rice I made. I can't cook fancy like that just yet. Let's go to dinner right now?" He said, standing and offering me his hand with a faint smirk. I rolled my eyes and took his hand.

Sneaky little bastard.

~

On the cab ride back from dinner, I sat close to him, and lay my head against his shoulder. I rested my hand atop his leg, and soon, I felt something brush against the inner curve of my palm. It was his hand. I let it sit like that for a moment, before sliding my hand to interlock with his. He let out a happy sigh, and I could tell he was smiling that brilliant smile of his.