♪ FORTY-FIVE ♪

Start from the beginning

Aurora skips by Jonah's side as their group walks down a busy street, glancing behind her to see Carmen looking around excitedly as she walks beside Zach. It had been nearly an hour since she had told Carmen of her talk with Sean James Teale. And since then, Zach had been in a grouchy mood, scolding her for anything and everything.

"Watch where you're going!" Zach says as Aurora darts forward into the clear road. "You could get hit by a car, and I don't think I'd want to deal with the aftermath."

"There's no one on the road, you dumbass," Aurora glares. "Scold me one more time and I'll get Caramel a date with Daniel Skye."

"Please stop fighting," Carmen begs, walking ahead of the three of them. "I've been hearing this for the past hour and I'm tired of it. Zach, she won't get hit by a car. And Aurora, I will not be going on any dates with Daniel-"

Carmen gasps as she crashes into someone, her crutches dropping to the ground. The stranger's arms wrapped around her waist, catching her before she can hit the ground as well.

Aurora freezes before she can move to help her, knowing she's seen the stranger somewhere before. The boy appears to be a bit older than her. His brown hair was tousled as if he had been walking as long as they had. Carmen clears her throat, the boy immediately helping her onto her feet and steadying her.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes, his voice thick with an English accent. Aurora immediately tenses up, remembering the boy from the videos she had seen trending on Twitter. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's fine," Carmen dismisses, glancing down at his hands, which still rest on her waist. I wasn't watching either. It was my fault."

Aurora shoves forward, shoving the boy forcefully, his hands finally falling off of Carmen.

"Don't you ever touch her again, you fucking British asshole!" She growls, shoving him back again. "I've had enough bullshit with you dissing our boys on Twitter and Instagram! Just fuck off and get back to your country!"

"I'm sorry," the boy said, looking slightly confused as he looks between Carmen and Aurora. "I don't understand-"

"You sure as hell do understand unless you can't read my damn lips," she grits my teeth. "Go the fuck back to Britain. Or England, or wherever the fuck you're from. You and your fucking rejects aren't welcome here. Pack your shit and hit the road, Jack."

"My name is actually Rye-"

"I KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING NAME IS, JUST GET AWAY!" Aurora seethes as Jonah grabs her arm. "You are from RatTrap or whatever the fuck your band name is called, and you tried to trick Logan with your bullshit band!"

"Hey, hey, hey," a boy with dark brown hair steps up behind him, along with another brunette and two blondes. "What's going on here?"

"IT'S THE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A RAT, CARAMEL!" Aurora points out, catching the attention of many people on the street.

"We apologized for what we did," a blond cuts off her next sentence.

"And was that because you don't have enough fans to stick up for you?" She questions, still tugging against Jonah's grip as Carmen takes a step back. "Yeah, actually, that's exactly why you apologized."

"They don't have talent," another brunette chimes in, taking a glance at Carmen and Aurora. "I'm surprised you haven't left them by now."

"Excuse me," Carmen's jaw drops as Zach holds her waist securely. "I think you should all leave before we do something we regret."

"I'll see you around?" Rye smiles weakly at Carmen.

"She's taken," Zach says with a glare, grabbing her crutches. "Get your own."

"He can't, Zach," Aurora tsks. "No one would date someone with that ugly ass face. I'm telling you, if I had a face like that, I'd sue my parents for every fucking thing they owned."

"Come on, Aurora," Jonah rushes, pulling his girlfriend along the street. "That's enough, we have a prince to meet."

"This isn't over!" Rye yells, his arms crossed over his chest as he watches the four walk away. "We will see you again!"

"Yeah!" She snorts, giving them the middle finger. "See you in hell, bitches!"

××××

"Woah," Aurora gapes as their group of four steps into the large house. "This living room is bigger than my whole house."

"You must be Aurora," Sean smiles, stepping forward to shake her hand. "It's a pleasure to have you all here."

"This is Caramel," she says, introducing the two. "She's your biggest fan ever. All she ever talks about is Prince Louis Condè."

"Do not," Carmen glares, handing Zach her crutches as she shakes Sean's hand. "It's nice to finally meet you. And yeah. . . I do kinda, sorta talk about you."

"It's nice to hear," he chuckles, glancing to Jonah and Zach. "And you are their boyfriends?"

"Yes," they reply in sync. Sean nods, glancing back to Aurora.

Except she wasn't in my original spot. Instead, she was marveling over a large sculpture at the far corner of the living room. She stretches out her hand, prepared to poke the large nose.

"Aurora, no!" Jonah rushes, running over to swat her hand. "You can't touch his expensive things. That sculpture probably cost more than your college tuition."

"Excuse me, sir," Aurora interjects, crossing her arms over her chest. "I haven't been to college. It's too much work."

Spinning on her heel, she marches to the other side of the wide room.

"You can't touch that, either!" Jonah sighs as she prepares to lay my hands on another painting. "That costs way too much for you to be messing with."

"How about this plate?"

"Aurora, you wouldn't dare," Jonah warns. "Put the plate down."

Sean chuckles as she smirks, the plate falling from her hold. Carmen winces at the loud noise as it shatters. Aurora fakes an alarmed expression.

"Sorry, Jonah!" She gasps dramatically. "It was an accident!"