You Be More Chill

Just realized that Bax is inspired off of this one guy I didn't know if I had a crush on or not, oops. If you've ever been in that situation, you know how horrible the feeling of not knowing for sure if you like someone or not.

Kind of a filler but it's important since I decided to add in a few more chapters. Originally there were only two left lol.

"Well, I must say, this is the best you've done in a long time," Bax said, turning to face me as we both lay in bed.

"I know right," I laughed softly. Surprisingly, the freckled jerk was being nice to me. And most of the time, I think it's because he eats glass as a snack so that's kind of messed with him internally that he's so mean, but I guess he just likes being mean to people. Either way, Bax was practically squealing with delight as I surprised him.

"This cake," he chewed a bit more, covering his mouth with his hand as he spoke. "This is amazing, and I hate cake. And your cooking."

So much for being nice.

He quickly grew bored with our conversation, picking up the remote to turn on the television, as well as picking up a broken bottle that came up from seemingly nowhere.

From my spot beside him, I wondered with a calculative brain why Bax had a sort of small obsession with LifeTime TV. It was like he was trying to learn more about how relationships should be. It was safe to say from a lot of inferring and many signs that Bax's history with one of his parent's or maybe even both wasn't very healthy. Not to mention that when it came to other girls and guys he'd date, he wasn't the most reliable.

Earlier in the day, Rich and Jake had invited me over as well as the cast for the play that was coming up for a small get together. Bax was free to come, but without him, I wasn't allowed anywhere seeing as he thought I was accident prone.

"Can we go to a party today?" Bax slowly went to pause the program before looking to me in surprise. "It's not a big party, I don't think."

"What- What happened to you?" He asked incredulously, shards of glass could be shown from his mouth as he spoke. "I thought you didn't like parties."

I shrugged, "But RichJake."

Bax frowned, his nose ticked into that position a little to the right when he's confused. "Excuse me?"

"And Boyf Riends," I made sure to include. Bax scoffed, going back to his glass, cake and movie. As he realized I was still awaiting an answer, his eyes flickering back and forth between the screen and my impatient facial expression.

"Why?" He broke a piece of glass from his bottle. Considering he was a magical being, I wasn't very alarmed that he was eating glass, but it was a strange sight at the very least. "Is it at that Rich kid's house?"

I frowned, "No. It's a Jake's house. Besides, I thought you liked Rich. Y'know after the whole fire predicament.

"I don't," he shrugged, offering me part of his broken bottle. (I declined politely.) "Jake is fine, I guess. But Rich's mom, she's... nice."

The silence after that was uncomfortable, seeing as I didn't know why Bax had grown silent. Maybe he was just homesick and missed his own mom. Maybe Dodie reminded him of her. Realizing I was still there, he changed the topic, "Besides, we both know what happens at these sorts of parties."

I blinked, feigning innocence.

"You know," he gave me a look at my innocent facade. I shook my head slowly in confusion.

"Bottle spinning, truth or dare," Bax egged on. When he saw no recognition on my face, he all but strangled me out of aggravation. "The locked closets? Come on, the stuff you kids do. It's true. I saw it," he pointed at the television as proof.

I pursed my lips, "Why is the closet locked? And why would you need to go in there?"

The sandy blond headed boy rolled his eyes, turning his movie back on and finishing all of his snacks in annoyance.

"Um, is that a yes to the party?"

A few moments of contemplating from Bax later, he spoke grumpily, "Fine but only if there's food."

"I'm sure you can bring your bottle and eat it in the closet if you get hungry," I teased making my way to my temporary room to get ready. The only reply I got back was a string of colorful words, Russian, and constant muttering from Bax.

это пиздец.