Michael Makes An Entrance

Finding a seat in the audience, I watched the show be reenacted. It was very beautiful, which was odd, considering the only good actor in this whole school was originally Christine Canigula.

Everyone looked on as if it was normal, but this was way too good for a school play. Things go a bit out of hand as the actors seemingly went off script, but everyone including the director was really into the show so no objections were made. A conversation took place as Jeremy was talking with himself, and it looked so real. But the audience couldn't tell.

"You're going to Squip the whole cast," he stated, shocked at most likely his Squip. Suddenly, appearing to everyone, a man who looked like Keanu Reeves began speaking. Gasps could be heard all around at the plot twist.

He smirked, "That's just for starters." Jeremy was not having it, the look of horror made an appearance on his face causing me to clench my fists in anxiety.

"That's not what I wanted!" The audience was on the edge of their seats, including me.

"It's the only way to achieve what you want," The Squip reasoned. He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow, towering over the tall boy I called my friend.

Jeremy was sweating now, "I'll fight back. Alcohol messes you up, right? I'll get drunk." The idea sounded okay until the Squip countered once more.

"And I'll be back when you're sober," the man-computer chuckled. "Unless, you plan on staying wasted forever?"

Things were looking down for Jeremy Heere, a solution didn't seem to surface. But I had the solution, and although Jeremy was under the influence of the Squip, I felt like he needed to work for my help for all the pain he caused me. Childish, I know.

"You're a computer, there has to be a way to turn you off." Jeremy paced around the stage, it was like he didn't even know there was a plethora of people watching him. Randomly, Rich started prancing around stage, humming something to himself. Giggles sounded from some people.

Computer-Man began to speak again, "I would stop there, you don't want to end up like Rich." Everyone's attention was now on the spazzing Rich. It was funny, but I soon became worried since I wasn't ignorant to the fact that this was all real.

"Rich?" Jeremy asked. "What did he-"

Rich cut him off with a wail, "I need Mountain Dew Red!" The boy began to start sobbing weirdly, onlookers on stage (the rest of the cast), stared at him without any emotion. All except Jake, who looked a little worried.

I could see the gears shifting in his sometimes very small brain, "That's it! Green Mountain Dew activates you, Red shuts you off!"

The Squip circled around him, like a lion stalking it's prey. It was creepy, mist sourcing from the floor. Everyone oohed at the effects, but our school was too cheap to get smoke machines, so this was obviously the Squip's doing. "Why do you think we had it discontinued? To get rid of me now, you'd need a time machine to the 1990's."

Jeremy scoffed, "Or a friend who's so old-school he buys 90's soft drinks in the back room at Spencer's gifts!"

I took that as my cue and made my way behind the curtains quickly. Happy Jeremy was sticking up for himself, I was too exhilarated to care about the crowd.

The Squip gasped a sarcastic and over dramatic gasp, "Too bad you don't have one of those... anymore."

"Michael! Call Michael!" Jeremy was yelling into his phone. I was about to start walking onto stage before the Squip kind of went insane, zapping Jeremy's phone out of his hand.

The Computer-Man started to glitch, looking really epic, but kind of creepy as his voice grew demonically low, "I'm going to improve your life, Jeremy, if I have to take over the entire student body to do it."