You Notice Michael

Long story short, after Christine signed up, at lunch Jeremy strut over to where we stood and signed his name with confidence. My new friend began to make her way to congratulate the boy on it, but was interrupted by an onslaught of shrieks of laughter and insults. Christine was oblivious to why everyone was laughing and took me over to sit where she usually sat. The table was empty besides us two and I noticed the stares towards the pretty girl and the glares towards me.

"So, tell me about the people here," I started off slowly, sipping on a smoothie Christine handed me. She had told me she made an extra smoothie just in case someone was in need of one.

"Um," she hummed in thought. "Well those three girls are Brooke, Jenna, and Chloe."

I glanced over to where she gestured to see three girls talking animatedly at a very crowded table. One was short and blonde, while the other two had brown hair. Either way, they all seemed like typical high schoolers. "They can be nice if they want to, especially Jenna. But they don't have - how should I put this - filters."

I nodded contently, then pointed at two guys who were laughing and talking to each other happily at the same table. One was the short guy that threatened Jeremy, the other being taller with equally as much muscle, but more calm in a sense with brown hair. I wondered briefly if they were a couple.

"How about them?"

"Oh," Christine tilted her head. "I know that's Rich, and the other is Jake. I don't talk to them much."

I debated whether to voice my thoughts out loud, then did so anyway, "Are they a couple?"

Christine only laughed very loudly, coughing and wheezing as if I said the funniest joke in the world. People who walked by stared at us in alarm before leaving shortly after. Her scene was over as she began to calm down, giving me an answer. "I hope so, yes, absolutely."

Translation = No, but they'd look totally good together

Hush

With a smile, I listened to what Christine babbled about, enjoying not really having to say much since I was beyond exhausted. My gaze flew from head to head at each lunch table as Christine explained what she knew about each person. Then I noticed this guy who walked up to Jeremy. He had a large red hoodie with a couple of patches on it, a bag of sushi and a slushee in both hands.

"Oh, that's Michael," Christine notified. "He's very sweet, but he's sense of humor can be a little, uh, dirty."

That's Michael?

I know right, the kid is pretty hot if I'm being honest.

No, not that, I meant that he looks horrid.

Hey, that's not very nice. I thought I was the mean one.

No, like he's like a mix of very tired but physically can't go to sleep.

"Yeah," Christine snapped me out of my conversation with Bax. "He doesn't look very peppy today, but he tries to be happy for his friend if it comes down to it."

"His friend?" I asked skeptically. She smiled with a confused look on her face. But then her mouth turned into an 'O'. Maybe she realized she actually does know Jeremy.

With an excited look she told me what she was thinking, "Do you think they're together? That'd be cool! Plus, with how Michael-"

I let her words fade out as Bax got angry with me. What did you do? Why is she suddenly- Oh my lord this is why I tell you not to do anything stupid.

You're overreacting, nothing's going to happen.

You just changed the whole plot! What am I gonna do?

You can fix it, just tell me what to do.

The bell soon rang and Bax was driven out by the loud and blaring noise. Suddenly, the blond boy popped up in front of Christine and I. Luckily, the whole flurry of students trying to get to their class and get their stuff together was enough to distract the short girl.

"You're coming with me," Bax ordered as I waved a quick goodbye to Christine. The girl only replied with her waggling her eyebrows.

A/N: Should I change the plot of the musical or stick to the basics? I'm not sure...

Btw none of these chapters are proof read so I'm sorry if things don't make sense sometimes