10

1:13 pm
2 weeks later
Day 76

"Erin! Come in here, I want you to meet your new co worker!" Erin's manager yells from the kitchen as Erin quickly rushes to meet them, obviously excited.

"This is Cole Bradley. He'll be your new co worker, I guess you could say. Same shifts as you and apparently goes to the same university as you." Her manager states as Cole and Erin stare at each other for a while.

"I've never seen you around," Cole starts. "But that's probably because I'm a junior." He finishes with an award winning smile.

"Oh, that's why. I'm a sophomore. Nice to meet you though." Erin says at the two shake hands and are left to get to work.

"It's kinda boring here, huh?" Cole says as him and Erin sit on the barstools stacking the sugar packets against each other, attempting to make a house of cards.

"Yeah. It usually gets crowded around nighttime and like, 1 am." Erin says looking up at the smiling Cole.

"That's weird. Good thing we work that shift, more money for us." He says making Erin laugh.

"So where do you live? A dorm, house, apartment? Sorority?" Cole asks.

"An apartment. The complex right down the street, it's only like a 20 minutes drive, but it's close to campus." She replies as Cole nods.
"What about you?" Erin suggests.

"I live in a house with my annoying twin brother up on the hills. It's kinda a long drive to campus but I already have a lot of credits in so barely have to show up anyways." Cole replies, making Erin wide eyed.

"You live on the hills?? Oh my gosh! That's so cool! I heard it so pretty there, I've always wanted to go but isn't it expensive to live over there?" Erin rambles, Cole grinning at her excitement.

"Yeah, it is I guess. But my dad left us a fortune in his will after he uh, passed so that's how my brother and I are able to live over there. It's a great area, I'll take you there one day." Cole says quietly after the mentioning of his absent father.

"My mother passed away too." Erin says giving a sympathetic smile towards him, before attempting to change the topic.

"But yeah! A tour of the hills? I'm in!" Erin shouts cheerfully as Cole scribbles down his number on a napkin, handing it to Erin.

"Text me when your free so I'll know when to take you there." Cole says as Erin quickly types a message out to his number. His phone chimes with a duck sound, earning a chuckle from Erin.

"Yikes, that's embarrassing." Erin says jokingly, Cole blushing.

Erin surprisingly enjoyed Coles company, or maybe just enjoyed the company of someone who actually listened to her.