chapter 20

Today's the day I face Jack.

"Am I really ready for this?" I question myself.

I roll over in bed and check the time. 8am is what it reads.

A soft knock on my door interrupts my thoughts.

"Hey, you want some breakfast?" Elise asks me opening the door.

"Yes!" I say climbing out of bed.

"How about you get ready first?" Elise says winking at me. 

"Okay...?" I say confused.

Normally I just eat breakfast right after I roll out of bed..,

I quickly get ready because I want to ask Elise what that was all about and head out to the kitchen.

The kitchen lights are off and Elise isn't....

"Surprise!" Voices shout and all of the boys pop out from behind the kitchen counter.

"Oh my god!" I say and run over to Corbyn and give him a hug.

"Hey little sis." Corbyn says hugging me back and messes with my hair,"looks like you need to brush your hair a little more."

I laugh and pull back from hugging Corbyn and look around at the rest of the boys. I don't know why but I wasn't expecting Jack to be with them, he is though which means it's going to be awkward for us.

"Hey guys!" I say giving them a small smile.

"Hey Becca!" They all reply in unison except Jack who is more interested in looking at his shoes.

"Did you plan this Elise?" I ask her.

"Well...I had some help from the boys but we wanted to surprise you!" She says laughing.

"You guys did a great job!" I say laughing. I had no idea that they were planning this for me.

Jack still hasn't said a word and you can tell he feels awkward. I know that I have to sort things out with him and figure out what went wrong between us....

Elise and Jonah head to her room and the rest of the boys spread out. Jack just stays where he is staring at the ground.

I quietly walk over to where he is standing.

"Hey Jack," I say quietly, "can we go talk about all of this?"

Jack takes a deep breath before he responds.

"Yeah, I think we need to talk about things..." he says trailing off.

I lead Jack to my room just down the hall from the kitchen and open the door. Jack walks in and sits on my bed and I follow him in after closing the door.

"Okay..." I say taking a deep breath.

"Yeah..." Jack says unsure of what to say.

"Where should we start..?" I say uncertainly.

"Uhhh....I'm not for sure." Jack says.

"Did you even like me?" I blurt out.

Jack seems surprised by my question.

"Becca, of course I liked you. You're beautiful and so sweet..." he says trailing off.

I feel myself start to blush. No, you can't blush! He made a mistake!

"Then, why did you do that?" I question him.

"I...."

_____________________________

Hope you all enjoy😊

We are almost at 2k reads!! Can you believe that?!? Thank you to everyone who's voted for Touched and has added it to your reading lists! ❤️

By the way, go check out my WDW reading list if you haven't already😉