chapter 8

Jack arrives back at the house a few minutes later and lightly knocks on my door.

"It's open!" I yell at him from my soft, comfy bed that I'll have trouble leaving.

Jack pushes open the door and throws me a smile that immediately sends my heart into a fluttering fit.

"Happy Birthday!" I tell him, "I'm so sorry but I didn't get you a present."

"Don't worry about it Bec, you've been in the hospital for a week so you couldn't really get me one." Jack replies.

"Now, let's get you ready to go." Jack says.

"How am I going to shower..?" I question him. Just then a girl around my age pushes the crack in the door open a little.

"Hi! My name is Elise, I'm going to be helping you around for a while and when the boys leave for tour too." She says very energetically.

Elise has long brown hair and green eyes. I can already tell that she has such an energetic personality and that we'll become best friends really quickly.

"Elise is kinda dating Jonah and he had a great idea of how she could help you out because we can't really do much..." Jack says,"I'll leave you guys to get ready then.."

Jack shuts the door behind him as he leaves and then it's just me and Elise.

"Well, it's nice to meet you!" Elise says grinning.

"Nice to meet you too!" I say smiling back. "I'm so glad you'll be helping me out. This isn't going to be easy though."

"I know. It's going to be difficult but I'm ready for the challenge!" Elise says pushing me into the bathroom.

1 hour later

It took Elise at least fifteen minutes just to get the gigantic bag over my cast. Then it took her five minutes to get me carefully set in the tub and then I sat in the bath for the remaining time.

There was a ton of laughing involved in the whole process. Mostly because she's been telling me embarrassing stories about all of the boys.

"What am I supposed to wear?" I ask her after I'm out of the shower. I didn't exactly bring the best attire for my gigantic cast.

"I'm not for sure. I guess shorts....?" Elise asks uncertainly.

It took Elise and I fifteen more minutes just to find an outfit that comfortably fit me before we called it good.

"I was thinking that maybe when the boys leave for tour, we could go to one of their shows, what do you think?" Elise asks me while she's helping me pick out a shoe to wear.

"I think that'd be a great idea! I think I'll be on crutches then so I'd be a little more mobile." I respond.

"Great, just don't tell the boys about it because I want to surprise them." She says excitedly.

I nod in reply and we both decide on black converse for me to wear.

"Ready?" She asks me opening the door.

"Yeah!" I tell her and roll myself out the door and into the kitchen where all the boys are waiting for us.

"Guys! I'm so sorry I kept you all waiting. I didn't realize it would take me that long to get ready." I tell them.

"You're fine Bec." Jack says coming over to me to help me roll my wheelchair out of the house.

"You're all good, but you should pick where we eat." Corbyn says.

"Woah, woah, woah, you can't put all that pressure on me!" I say.

"Looks like we just did." Zach says laughing.