03 | f i r s t d a y

Começar do início

The best thing I have been able to accomplish today is listening to other people's conversations. Such as the one that's currently going on between two, in their mid-ish twenties, men. One man with short, but styled dark hair and the other guy.. annoying

Hard to explain but his face definitely looked annoying.

I think Gideon introduced me to him. What's his name again? Olive? Ollie? Yes, that's right. Ollie.

"Yo, man. Do you wanna-" Ollie starts. The busy short haired guy sitting in his cubicle minding his own damn business takes his headphones off. Unfortunately the other guy continues talking.

"Uh, do you wanna do lunch today?" He asks.

Other Guy replies, "Uh, yeah. I got other plans." Ollie looks disappointed and Other Guy totally does not look like he has other plans.

This Ollie guy seems.. Clingy. I'd probably ditch him too.

Ollie basically interrupts him with, "Other plans. Right. That's what you said the last three times I asked you."

Maybe he has a busy life, douche.

"Look, bud," Poor Other Guy looks like he's going to implode. "You and Angela have been close for a long time, and that's even more reason why I want us to be on good terms. I-I just... I feel like this are awkward between us. Don't you?"

Who's Angela? Oh! That's the blonde girl Gideon introduced me to earlier. She's pretty, seems nice. Can't believe she's with this sucker, though.

"I'm okay with it being awkward between us." I literally laughed out loud. Other Guy and Ollie turn to look at me and I just turn back to my screen.

Wow, Other Guy is actually kind of cute. Maybe not the standard kind of cute but definitely my type.. I think?

My face burns with embarrassment and then they begin talking again.

Ollie laughs awkwardly. "Um, yeah. I-I'm not okay with that." He states simply. There's a slight uncomfortable pause before he begins shitting out of his mouth again. "Um, look, man. I love Angela, and I want us to get along for her sake. I mean, that's what I'm here for. I just, I don't normally do stuff-"

Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy. He sounds.. genuine. I guess.

My thoughts begin to trail off as I'm not exactly concerned with what he has to say at this point, and I totally have no reason to be eavesdropping on their conversation anyways. The sound of typing makes me zone out for a while until I hear my cellphone ding.

From Mommy Dearest: Hey baby!! How's ur day going?? :-) Awesome i hope.

To Mommy Dearest: Id say good. Not too much hustle and bustle. It's pretty chill. Plus i get to hear some gossip so it's not too bad.

From Mommy Dearest:  Well darn!! Ok, i'm gonna pick u up from work. U have to tell me everything.

To Mommy Dearest:  Sure thing, Ma. C u later.

I finished up my text and sent it. Apparently Ollie is still going on, so I turned on my listening ears just so I had more stuff to tell my mother later.

"...I've never done anything like this before."

I can tell. I hope Other Guy can too.