Chapter 13. Master Disaster

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Lilly?"

"On a completely unrelated note, just out of curiosity, is there any update on the Junior and Senior field trip?" She asks politely.

"Oh! I'm glad you brought that up. I actually meant to hand these out yesterday, but I misplaced them and then luckily found them this morning." Mrs. Cuba says and grabs a stack of papers from a drawer in her mahogany desk.

"Take one and pass it back." She instructs.

Lilly hands the stack of papers to me and grab one for myself then pass it back to the girl behind who's name is Emily, I believe.

Amusement Park Field Trip- Juniors & Seniors:

Hello parents and students of West Wood High, the principal and school council have decided on preparing a trip for the Juniors and Seniors to head to the amusement park, "Planet Zero" which is known for it's thrilling roller coasters and rides. We would like for your child to attend and participate for a daily grade. The concept of this is to learn more about friction, kinetic and potential energy and compressed air. We would love to have your student join us all on this fun experience.

Date: May 23, 2014. Thursday,12:30-3:45 PM.

Call the school office or make sure you tell a teacher that you're attending, the deadline is on Wednesday.

Thanks!

~The President Of School Council

I swallow the enormous lump in my throat at the dreadful words. Especially the most atrocious word, roller coaster.

---

After Ryder hesitantly agreed with me that I am fine on my own and that I can go home, I end up on my front porch after school, waving goodbye to Jackson, Ryder and Cole, but only Ryder waves back. I huff out a breath and once their car skids away into the night, I unlock my cousins front door with my spare key.

I yawn and throw my bag down onto the floor of the house. I had to wear my clothes from yesterday, but thankfully I got to wash the blood off of them at the safe house before I had to wear them. I trudge up the stairs and into the guest room I have been staying in and change into some comfortable clothing.

Once I'm in joggers and my old soccer sweatshirt, I head down stairs with the permission slip in my hand. I walk into Dad's room after I knock twice.

There, my father sits at the end of his bed with his head in his hands.

"Dad?" I ask quietly.

He looks up from his head, revealing his bloodshot eyes and tussled hair.

"Yeah, Eleanor?" He asks, sitting up a little straighter.

"Are you okay?" I question him skeptically.

"Don't worry about me," He says with a small smile.

A bruise is still noticeable on his jawline from when Dylan punched him that one night when dad told us he is dating someone, but it isn't as bad as it was.

"Did you need something?" He asks.

I grab the slip from my pocket and hand it to him shakily.

"I don't really want to go, so I was hoping you could mark off the box that says I can't attend the-"

"Of course you're going!" He intervenes, signing the paper in the yes column.

"Wait, what?" I face-palm.

This is even more dreadful because the field trip is in two days and it will take more than two days to convince Dad to let me stay home.

"It's a perfect opportunity to branch out and mingle with other people instead of those three kids you're always with. Kelly, Layla and Collin."