I searched underneath Pride Rock where I've found my mother laying down on the rocks. "Hi mom! The huntresses and I have brought home a Buffalo for breakfast. You better hurry and eat before it's all gone!"

Mother stands up and follow me up Pride Rock. "Okay, did you tell your brother?"

"I didn't see him. I think he's with Kion and the guard team. I'll try to save him a piece."

She nods. We've join the rest of the Pride eating breakfast. Of course we have a certain rule here on who gets to eat first. Having the Pride eat all at once can create chaos.

The royals eat first, then the elders, expecting mothers and cubs, and lastly adults.

Hashaan, Vitani's son walks up and sits next to me. He tears off a thigh and began eating.

He chews, then swallows. I met my eyes with his own. Hashaan smiles, "Good morning, Auni!"

"Good morning, Hashaan!" I greet back. "You know, me and the huntresses had caught that?"

"You? No way! This is a big guy."

"Yep. But Aala made the kill though. She's a professional hunter just like Karima and Nia. Someday I'll be just like them."

"You will. That day when you pinned me down had showed me that your a successful hunter in the making. You're beautiful and strong!"

I blush after taking a bite from the Buffalo carcass. "Oh, why thank you Hashaan..."

Hashaan smiles again. "No problem! Just speaking the truth. You mind teaching me your skills one day?"

"Me teach?"

"Yeah, how hard can it be? I want to learn from the best!"

I laugh. I chew my meat then swallow. "I wouldn't say the best. Karima is the one you should be asking lessons from. She's the lead huntress!But, I don't mind. When would you like to start?"

"Today, if you don't mind." He said, after licking blood off his lips.

I smile at him shyly with a nod. "O-Okay, sure! After breakfast is fine."

"Great!"

Hashaan and I continue eating our food. Once done, we lay down for a bit to let our bellies digest. I groom my paws and face clean while Hashaan groomed his little brother Sahel.

I know what you all are thinking. Male lions don't usually do the grooming stuff like us lionesses do. Sometimes it's not just a cleaning job. It can be a social thing too.

Sahel giggles, "Hashaan that tickles!"

Sahel is laying between Hashaan's two large paws as he licks Sahel's belly clean. He chuckles, "Come on Sahel, I'm almost finished with your bath. You know mom wants you to stay squeaky clean and not covered in dirt."

How adorable! Big brother and little brother are bonding. I smile as I watch admiring the scene.

"Okay buddy, you can go play with your friends. Remember, stay close by where we can see and find you."