chapter 9

“thank you for you’re help” detective James stated picking up the tapes.

Nina grabbed my hand “you were so brave, come on lets get out of here” she smiled before guiding me out of the room she stopped at the door "I just have to talk about future things with the detective give me five minutes okay?” she questioned

I nodded leaning against the wall and taking in a deep breath. I rubbed my arms from the sudden onset chill I looked down viewing the cut I still had on my right fore arm, a permanite reminder.

I looked up Niall, Liam and Louis were all in chairs waiting for someone to come get them from this place somewhere none of us wanted to be.

My eyes connected with each one of them for a second as they weakly smiled at me. The door to the holding cells opened and out walked Harry hands cuffed behind his back being guided through he looked up from the floor as he passed me in the hall. He smirked slight pleasure could be seen in his expression. He seemed so pleased with himself if he couldn’t be happy neither could I.

As he passed me our eyes connected everything went in slow motion as I looked into those green eyes there was nothing left of him in there he was gone dead all that was there was the monster he had created.

I watched him leave out the door the boys now seemed more scared of him than they ever had. And they were right to be.

Nina came out of the room “alright we have to go to court in about two to three weeks and you just give your testimony again and that should be all they need to incriminate Harry okay?” she asked her smile soft and loving I nodded as she began walking out of the building.

I stopped when I was beside the boys I turned to them “goodbye” I spoke softly

“bye” they all spoke in unison

“I’m sorry” I say without looking up, I left the building and into the car.

We were driving to a new town, a new start. The trees passed, the rolling hills came closer and closer as we drove closer and closer to a small town that I would hopefully stay in for a long time.

The sun was setting behind the tall trees as we stopped at an old house with yellow brick the roof a deep brown almost black.

“welcome home” Nina said more lively than necessary I looked around there was nothing but houses and trees.

 “I’ll be staying with you for the next few days your parents still have somethings to sort out your bedroom is ready you can go up there now, you deserve some sleep” she smiles pulling my suitcase out of the trunk.

I walked in looking around the house was old really old. I walked up the stairs and they creaked loud enough for the sound to be heard all throughout the house. My bedroom was at the end of the hall I walked in it was set up as it was in Bradford I didn’t want that I didn’t need the reminder.

I pushed all the things off of my dresser before moving it under the big front window.

 I looked up and out, there was a shirtless boy directly across from my room he looked up and gave me a pleased smirk his skin was pale, his abs defined, jaw chiseled,and hair a light brown. I closed the

curtains but I knew I would see him again.

Before taking off my jacket and throwing myself onto my bed. I closed my eyes images of him flooded my mind, we were happy who knows what we could have been. all because of one stupid mistake we will never know.

One single event curses who you are, what you are going to be and to be able to do. The moments in our lives that define us are often subtle and unheard, ignored. we have to find those and grasp them with everything we have never let go because if we don’t everything just seems to ripple in the water.