Ch 13

*lilys pov*
I really hoped Fenris said yes. He was my only friend and I worried about him. "I guess I can stay a bit. I don't really have anywhere else to go." Fenris said. "Then its settled. You two wait here while I talk to the others." Aunt April said walking off. "Did you mean it?" I heard Fenris ask. "Hmm? Oh about being your friend. Of course I did! Truthfully your my only friend. Dad is a bit stern about me going topside, even if I'm human." I said with a small pout. Before he could answer the barn doors burst open startling both of us making Fenris step in front of me. "Raphael! You best leave those two alone!" I heard aunt April shouting and I peeked over Fenris's wings. It was my dad and boy was he mad.

"Lily steel hamato! What did I tell you about him!" My dad shouted. "He hasn't done anything wrong daddy. Just because of how he was raised doesn't mean he's bad!" I shot back. Fenris looked conflicted but remained between me and my dad. "Raph this dragon boy has done nothing but help us and lily since we freed him. Even if I doubted his trustworthiness at the beginning but look at him now Raph. He is willing to stand between you and her to protect her." Uncle Leo said. "I don't trust him. What if he's acting like this to win us over then one night he will turn us in to the kraang. Ever think of that one?" My dad snapped back. "You won't even get to know him. He's not like that!" I snapped. "I'm trying to protect you can't you see that!" He replied "well I hate you!" I shouted and ran out the back door tears flowing down my face as I raced into the woods. I could hear the others calling me back and at least two of my uncles were following me. I just wanted away from it all. I felt so alone at home with no friends.

Suddenly I tripped on a stick and fell rolling down a hill. When I stopped I was really dizzy and when I tried to sit up I felt horrible so I laid back down. Thankfully I was under some sort of leafy plant frond that provided me some cover as daylight faded.

As I laid there I realized that maybe dad was right on some things and really did care about me. But he was so stubborn he didn't see how his actions were affecting me. I missed him already and that's when it hit that I was alone in the woods in the dark. Quite possibly hurt as well. I started to get scared. "Daddy help me." I whispered softly even as unknown to me two pairs of yellow eyes moved closer.