Chapter 82

Lana's PoV

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I were all sitting right in front of Professor Moody's desk and took out our textbook. We waited in silence until the familiar clunk of Professor Moody's wooden foot on the floor. When he entered the classroom he surveyed the area.

"You can put those away," He growled as he walked over to his desk, "those books, you won't need them,"

We put our books in our backs and I swear that Ron let out a squeal of excitement.

Professor Moody started to go over how sucky we are at curses and then began to tell us about curses.

"So, do any of you know which curses are most heavily punished by Wizarding Law," The Professor asked us.

Several hands rose into the air, including Ron's and Hermione's.

"Ms. Lupin, how about you?" Moody asked me.

WHY ME?????

Wait, this is probably because I rammed into him.

"The bad ones," I said.

"Do you know any specific ones?" He grilled me.

Ugh, what is this? SCHOOL????

"The unforgivable ones," I said remembering what Hermione forced me to read.

"Do you know any of them?"

ALL THIS ROR TACKLING A PROFESSOR?

"Yep," I said brightly.

He glared at me like I was a nuisance.

"Er, my Dad told me about one, is it called the Imperius Curse or something?" Ron interrupted tentatively.

Moody nodded and mentioned something about the ministry before taking out a glass jar with three large spiders in it. I saw Ron recoil next to Harry and a small grin graced my face. Moody flung a spider out of the jar and held it in the palm of his scared hand.

"Imperio," He muttered as he pointed his wand at the creature.

My blood ran cold as I realized what would happen in this lesson.

Why would someone who put people who used these curses in prison, and then use them himself? Something wasn't adding up here and everyone else just didn't see it. Or was I just being paranoid? I watched the spider leap from Moody's hand on a fine thread of silk and began to swing backwards and forwards. Every move was controlled by the scarred man, like a puppet on strings. A knot formed in my stomach and I closed my eyes trying to force the memories out of my head.

Laughter filled the classroom, but my mind warped it to the unmistakable sound of the ones in my nightmares.