Chapter 9

Lana's PoV

Okay, so we just got a signature from Lockhart for a book in the restricted section, and he didn't even look at the paper! Like HONESTLY! Madame Pince gave Hermione the book and then handed me a book.

"Keep it," She said smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said smiling at her broadly.

We walked out of the Library and barricaded ourselves Myrtle's bathroom. I looked at the title of the book, and It was writing in ancient greek. I leafed the pages and saw that it was about magic, like creating spells, amulets, magic in general and much more. I was mentioned in the book and I smiled. 

Hermione's PoV

I looked over and saw Lana reading the book that Madame Pince gave her, it was written in a different language and I saw Ron and Harry glancing at it as well.

"Lana, what are you reading?" Ron asked her.

"Its a book on Magic, its really interesting, I wonder if Annabeth has read this yet, she probably has," She mumbled not looking up.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, she reads so much, its crazy, and she's really smart too, but why wouldn't she be? Her Mom's" She began but then cut off.

"Her Mom's what?" I prompted her.

"She's really smart, her Dad's smart too, so they passed on their really smart brains to Annabeth," She said lamely.

"You know, that kinda looks familiar, I feel like I've seen that language before," I said trying to figure out where I saw that language.

She shrugged. Then we went back to the Common Room so Harry and Lana could rest up for the game tomorrow.

Lana's PoV

The next day was a Saturday and the Quidditch Match, my first match. I threw on my Camp Half-Blood shirt and a pair of leggings and went down to the Common Room, I saw Fred and George and they beckoned me over. 

"WE HAVENT SEEN YOU FOR SO LONG!!!!" They cried.

"I saw you yesterday in the morning, and we planned a prank," I said.

"BUT THAT WAS AGES AGO!" They cried.

They reminded me so much of Travis and Connor. Soon, I found myself listening to Wood's pep talk, well, not really listening, but I was there!

"Get the snitch or die trying," Wood was saying to Harry.

"But don't you dare die Harry Potter or I'll kill you," I said.

"You can't kill me if I'm already dead," He told me.

"I swear on the River Styx that I'll find a way," I said.

Soon, I was in the air with my team and the game started. I grabbed the quaffle first and smirked at the Slytherin that looked at me with a shocked expression.

"And the newest member of the team, Lana Jackson swipes the quaffle, watch her zoom through the air!" Lee announced and I grinned at him.

I looked at Angelina and she nodded briefly. I threw the quaffle to her and she caught it.

"Johnson now in possession of the Quaffle," Lee said.

A Slytherin elbowed me in the stomach really hard and stole the quaffle. I felt like I was about the throw up. Soon, we were loosing 60 to 0. Harry was like a Bludger MAGNET, this is not going well. Soon, it was a time out and Fred ad George looked at me.

"Are you okay?" Fred asked me.

I nodded, "I just want to murder the Slytherins, but I'm fine," 

"What's going on?" Wood asked, "We're being flattened, Fred, George, where were you when that bludger stopped and Angelina from scoring, or all those times it stopped Lana from scoring?"

"We were 20 feet above, stopping the other Bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver," George said angrily, "Someones fixed it, it won't leave Harry alone, it hasn't gone for anyone else all game. The Slytherins must have done something to it,"

"I don't think that they did," I said and everyone stared at me, "They were locked up in Madam Hooch's office since our last practice, and there wasn't anything wrong with them then. And also, why would they do it?"

"They're not the nicest house, and would do anything to win," Fred reminded me.

"They wouldn't have, they couldn't have," I said.

"Why not, they would," Fred said.

"Well they didn't, the Slytherins are innocent, besides, not all Slytherins are bad," I said confidently, "It wasn't them, but right now, we need to come up with a solution to this problem,"

"Listen, with you two flying around all the time the only way I'm going to catch the snitch is if it flies up my sleeve. Go back to the rest of the team and let me deal with the rogue one,"

"Don't be thick, it'll take your head off," Fred said.

"They do that?" I asked horrified.

"No, they don't really do that, Fred is just trying to make his point," Angelina told me.

"Oliver, this is insane! You can't let Harry deal with this on his own, lets ask for an inquiry," Katie said angrily.

"If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match," Harry said, "And we're not losing to SLytheirn just because of a crazy bludger! Come on Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!"

"No, don't," I said, "He's going to get hurt!"

"This is all your fault! Get the Snitch or die trying, what a stupid thing to tell him!" George said angrily.

"Ready to resume play?" Madame Hooch asked and I jumped.

"All right, Fred, George, you heard Harry, leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own." He said.

Harry gave me a apologetic look. He gave me a hug.

"I'll be okay Lana," He told me, "You stay safe okay,"

"Its you who has to stay safe," I told him, "Ridiculously stupid! You're going to get hurt!"

"How do you know that?" He asked me.

"I know that because even if you get hurt in the game, I'm going to kill you because you're doing this," I said.

"It's not your decision, I'm OLDER than you, and its MY life, not YOURS, you don't have a say in it! You don't understand! You're only 11, you wouldn't understand," He told me angrily.

"You're only 12," I said angrily, "And trust me! I have much more understanding of the real world, much more than you!"

"You're parents weren't murdered when you were one!" He said, "You know nothing!"

"Come ON you two! The games starting!" Wood called.

We gave each other glares and kicked off into the air. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH HIM!