Chapter 7

Hermione's PoV

I was kinda suspicious of Lana, I mean, I love her and, she's a great friend. But she's just so jumpy and on edge. And so secretive. And also, even after 2 weeks of being out, she just got everything, like she's been here the entire time. I told my suspicions to Harry and Ron, but they didn't believe me. Lana, is literally by Harry's side, 24/7. She keeps having bad dreams and I hear her mumbling in her sleep.

"Hermione, are you sure that you aren't just jealous?" Ron asked.

"Yes! You have to admit that she is weird and strange," I said.

"Mione, Lana's a nice girl and wouldn't try to hurt us," Harry told me.

"But she's a bit too nice," I said, "Too innocent,"

Lana skipped over a huge smile on her face.

" I think that we should talk," I said to her and she looked confused but sat in between Harry and Ron.

"You said you were dyslexic right?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"Well, I've seen you read a book," I said.

"I was probably trying to read a book, or look at pictures.," She said.

"You also knew everything about magic, when you were just introduced, and after you were out for like two weeks, you still knew everything," I said.

"Who says that I can't study?" She asked me, "I know you do a lot,"

"But haw can you read the text?" I asked.

"With a lot of concentration and headaches," She said.

"What about your bracelet and ring, whenever you get scared, your hand is on it," I said.

"They were gifts," She told me, "And I was told that they'd always keep me safe,"

"Oh," I said.

"Want to go hand out by the lake?" Ron asked.

"Okay," Harry and I said.

"I'm not sure," Lana said looking a bit nervous.

Harry looked at her in concern and pulled her closer to him. Ron frowned at Harry and in turn pulled Lana closer to him. Soon they were going back and forth until finally. Lana stopped them and pulled them both closer to her. The boys gave each other playful glares and they all burst out laughing.

"We are not going through that again!" Lana exclaimed.

"Going through what?" I asked.

"Wile you were in the library again, Harry and I ran around the school trying to get Lana from each other," Ron told me.

"We all ended up in the lake," Lana said.

"Why were you doing this to Lana," I demanded.

"Because, she's our little sister and we both love her," Ron said, "Mione, I think that you're just jealous,"

"Guys it's okay, it is kinda weird when something changes, It's weird to have someone different suddenly with you. I mean, I'm definitely different and do different things than you're accustomed to doing, it's fine," She said softly.

"I'm sorry, but you guys don't find it weird that right after she goes to Dumbledore's office she's suddenly a second year, she should be in first year, she shouldn't even be at Hogwarts," I said.

"Mione, that isn't nice," Ron said to me.

"I'm just trying to make sure that you guys are safe," I said, "No offense, but it's a little strange Lana,"

"None taken," She told me, smiling at me, "I'm gonna go hang out with Fred, George, and Lee,"

She stood up and walked off to the smiling twins and their friends. Immediately they started to chat up a storm and laugh and everything.

"Mione you're just jealous can you try to be nicer. I mean, all she says is good about you. She talks about how smart you are, and how grateful she is that you were so nice to her, and how you're her best friend, and one of her favorite friends," Ron told me.

"She said that she had to do something pro something Harry, what could it be?" I asked.

"Mione just stop, I know you care about us and have good intentions, but this is too far," Harry said.

"She murmurs 'Mission' in her sleep, maybe she's working for You-Know-Who," I said, "He probably taught her all she knows,"

"Mione, just stop, it's not nice to do this to people, especially someone as sweet as Lana," Ron told me.

"Guys, you don't understand, I'm trying to make sure that you guys don't get hurt. Lana is one of my friends, but all I'm saying is to keep on guard, just in case," I said.

Lana's PoV

Soon, I was at the Death Day Party, and it was terrible! I mean, what in Hades was Harry thinking, agreeing to that thing, and what was I THINKING, how could I agree to this thing? Finally, we all decided to go and that's when I heard a strange voice. It was all like, rip and tear and stuff, oh wait, there's a kill in that voice, creepy! Harry tugged us along and I followed starting to be a little bit worried. Fear started washing over me as panic took over. I saw dark red blood on the wall and a cat. No, this is not good. This is not good at all. This is like really bad, really really bad.