Chapter 20 || Today was a Fairytale

It's been a month since Kabir came back to Anaisha. Things were completely smooth and fine for both Kabir and Anaisha. Kabir had narrated everything to Aarav and Shaina, who congratulated him and encouraged him to be happy with this new development and keep Anaisha happy. When Kabir was telling Aarav about his and Anaisha's relationship, he asked Aarav, "I hope Avi, you have no issues with me dating your sister. I mean I know you're very much protective about your sister and don't trust anyone easily when it comes to her. So say, you don't mind na me dating Anaisha?"

Aarav chuckled on seeing Kabir's serious look. Kabir was confused with Aarav's reaction and thought that there's something surely wrong with these Gujral siblings. When he asked something serious to Anaisha, she giggled and when he asked Avi something like this serious, he chuckled. It seemed to him that Khushi aunty had dropped them a lot of times when they were kids because of which they both had got concussions in their heads. 'Wow my fate! The mad brother is my best friend and his crazy sister is my love! Amazing!'

Kabir raised his eyebrows and gave Aarav a questioning look. Aarav after controlling himself said, "Kabir, you know how idiotic you are? I'm sure you don't know that! Anyway I won't beat around the bush and will come directly to the point. You remember once I told you that if you ever got involved with my sister I won't mind that and you said that I'm crazy. I'm your best friend Kabir, I trust you with my life. If I didn't trust you, then that day I wouldn't have said that. My sister loves you a lot Kabir. It's visible in her eyes.

"For me my sister is more like my baby, I've seen her feelings long before you have seen them. And that's why I asked Leher and Aarush to help you both out during my wedding. I pity them though! They worked so hard to make you confess your feelings but a dumbo you are! Leave it! I just want to say that you both always have my support. Always be there for my sister and keep her happy. I know you love her a lot. So be with her! And haan if you ever hurt her or made her cry, then remember, you won't be facing your best friend but Anaisha's elder brother!"

Though Kabir and Annie were dating each other for a month but not many people were aware of their relationship. Like Anaisha's father, Arnav had no clue about his daughter's relationship. Aarav had told Anaisha not to inform Arnav about it since he knew his father well. The overprotective father he was, he wouldn't have let Kabir date Anaisha unless and until he was sure of Kabir. But Anaisha had informed her mother, Khushi about it and her mother was quite happy and supportive of her.

She told her daughter, "I'm very happy for you darling but baby relationship are not that easy. A man and woman relationship is one of the most complex relationships. I hope you don't believe in that rose tinted illusion of love. Love is one of those things which can give you immense happiness yet is capable of giving you endless pain!

"There are surely going to be issues and fights and what not but be wise and make sure you do your best to make this relationship work. I've always been supportive of you and your choices. Kabir is really a nice guy, I've seen him grow up from that sensible kid to this mature man. I know your relationship with him will go on for a long time maybe marriage too but make sure you guys understand each other! Acha enough of now of my lecture I need to save some for your marriage. Just enjoy your time and have fun!"

Although they were dating, but Kabir still haven't proposed her officially. True they didn't need such formalities but he knew that she had some dreams related to her love life. So he decided to take her best friend, Zaina's help. As soon as he managed to take time out of his schedule, he called Zaina and asked her to meet. Zaina happily obliged and promised to help him out.

He was in his cabin reading a case file when someone knocked on the door. He looked up from his file and saw Zaina standing there. She smiled at him and said, "I hope I'm not disturning you Dr. Thapar. But even if I'm doing so then I'm not sorry. Mind if I come in?"