Chapter 1 || Two Different Worlds

First Published on 03/04/2015

INDIA!

The place where her parents were born, where she and her brothers were born. Her home, her native land! She was returning to her homeland after five long years. And she couldn't explain how much happy she was to return to her home, her family, her friends.

Just some more hours and she'd be in her home, and would finally be free of her stupid brother's snores.
Gosh! Can't he just sleep silently? she groaned looking at her twin brother, Aarush.

But this didn't stop her or her uber excited self from thinking about all the fun things she'd do with her two best friends, Zaina and Rohan, for the next two weeks as the next two weeks were reserved for her family and friends to chill out before starting her job.

She smiled and caressed the photograph of her parents on the screen of her iPad. A chuckle escaped her lips as she remembered the day she was leaving for London, how her bestie and her mom had cried like hell saying who's gonna play pranks on them and trouble them, and how much her mother was tensed for her. Seriously, she was leaving for 5 years for her studies, not for her Sasural or going to a battle frontier. But then mothers are like that only. Worrying for their kids is one of the natural aspects of being a mother. And her bestie Zaina, well she was her soul sister.

But nevertheless, she had missed her mom and her best friend miserably. Though she used to Skype and WhatsApp (and all the other messaging mobile apps) them every day but still being with your loved ones in person is always better.

She had missed her elder brothers, her Aarav and Advay Bhai too, but they both made it to a point to visit her every once in a while. So, it wasn't like she was far away from them. But she still missed them a lot!

But one person she had missed the most was her daddy dearest! She missed her 'daddy-daughter' moments with him. Oh, and not to forget the times when she and her dad had gotten in trouble for pulling her mom's leg which made her mom to go into her 'Godzilla mode' as she referred to it. She laughed seeing the picture of her mother with her, which her father had photobombed, landing himself in a big trouble after her mother saw that picture.

She sadly smiled, caressing the photograph of her whole family, which for last five years had kept her strong, but now it was making her weak. She had missed everyone, from her parents to her brothers, friends and grandmother to her cousins, so, so much. And now she was finally going back, and would make up for all the time she wasn't around.

Along with the exhilaration of uniting with her family, a little poignancy was also in her heart for leaving behind all the lovely friends. But there was nothing to worry because the way she stayed connected with her family, the same way she'd stay connected with them. And surely this sadness was nothing in front of the happiness of finally returning to your native land.

"Excuse me, Ma'am? Do you need anything?" asked the stewardess.

"Yes, just a cup of strong coffee and a pair of ear plugs, if you can get them," she replied, glancing once at her brother who still was sleeping, with annoying snores.

"Sure, Ma'am, I'll get that for you in a few minutes," said the stewardess and went away.

As the stewardess went away, she again started going through the pictures of her family and continued to smile to herself, sitting comfortably in her first class seat of the flight, a perk of being the daughter of one of Delhi's biggest industrialists, Arnav Gujral.

But even though she came from a well-to-do family, yet she was down-to-earth, and treated everyone with compassion and kindness. She believed in equality of all the humans. These were her traits that her parents and friends loved the most about her.