Chapter 2 || The Families

First Posted on 04/04/2015

The flight had landed some thirty minutes ago and Anaisha still couldn't go out of the airport to meet her family, who was waiting outside for her and Aarush, or her Aaru. She and Mr. Aaru still had to finish all the airport formalities and collect their luggage before they could move out of the airport.

But the way these airport officials were working did nothing apart from infuriating Anaisha more. Darn this airport people! They were slower than her pet turtle which she had when she was 10.

With each passing second, she was getting even more irritated and really wanted to strangle those immigration officials. Why couldn't they just hurry up? It wasn't like she was an alien or carrying anything illegal. Why were these lazy bones even employed here? She wondered annoyedly.

Calm down! She waited this long to meet her family, just few more minutes, okay just few more seconds. Calm down! She chanted in her mind for hundredth time to cool herself down but no use.

She was about to explode at the airport official, who told her to have patience and stand properly in line with rudest tone possible. If looks could kill then Aaru and that official would've been dead by long back.

Dumbo Aaru! He was telling her to stop being so agitated and calmly wait for their turn to come. Idiot. Seemed like someone didn't want to go home alive.

But finally after what seemed like eternity, it was their turn to complete their formalities. Both of them quickly finished the formalities and headed to the luggage area to collect their bags.

After collecting their bags, both of them moved toward the exit and as soon as Anaisha saw her dad, Arnav standing there with her favourite flowers, red roses, she ran towards him, leaving Aarush alone to push their luggage carts forward. Hugging her father, Anaisha cheerfully said, "God, Dad, I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, princess. Welcome home!" said her father, pecking her forehead.

Silly girl! thought Aarush as he saw his twin sister merrily hug their father. Wasn't she the same girl who was angry as hell just some mere 15 minutes ago and now she was giving her biggest smile to their dad? His sister was really a single piece.

But he simply put a stop to all the thoughts and went ahead to hug his mom, who was waiting for him with a big smile. Ohh he missed his mom and her hand cooked food so much. No one could cook food better than his mom! No doubt in that! After all he was his mother's little baby, who missed his mother's pampering. "I missed you so much, Mom! Finally I'm back," said Aarush while feeling extremely happy in his mother's arms.

"Ahem, ahem!" Aarav faked a cough to grab Anaisha's attention.

She grinned seeing her brother do that and untangling herself from her father, hugged her Bhai ... after almost two years. She then went on to hug Advay or her Adi Bhai, her second eldest brother. After him, she had a group hug with her BFFs, Zaina and Rohan.

"I missed both too much, crackpots!" said Anaisha to her besties. She had missed their senseless banters a lot.

"We missed you too, Annie," said her best friends together, calling her by the nickname which only her close friends and immediate family used to call her with.

Lastly she pulled her mom in a big hug. Gosh she had missed her mom's warmth so so so much! She gripped her mom tight and said affectionately, "There are so many things to tell you, Mom! First of all I missed you!"

"Aww, baby, I awfully missed my doll," said her mom emotionally.

It took fifteen for this reunion to get over, after which Aarush and Anaisha got settled in their cars and the Gujral family left for their sweet residence where the rest of their family was waiting for them impatiently.