Chapter 1 || Two Different Worlds

Start from the beginning

She scrolled through the albums in her iPad and stopped at one picture, probably thirty years old, of her parents, whom she loved more than anything. It was a picture of her parents' wedding and one of her parents' most favourite events.

Her parents, who had a love marriage, were her most favourite couple in this world, apparently because their relationship had kept her faith intact in true love and that we all have our soulmates, to whom our fates are already connected with.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear! I lost my balance. I'm very sorry, dear," said an old lady to the girl, who had lost her balance and slipped on the aisle of the flight, dropping the bottle of water on the girl and her iPad.

"It's okay, Ma'am. Happens. You okay?" she asked concernedly, helping the old woman to stand up.

"Yes, I'm fine. Very sorry for drenching you and your iPad. My sincere apologies!" said the old lady apologetically, embarrassed with her fall.

"Arre, it's all okay! C'mon, I'll help you get to your seat." She smilingly offered her help to the old lady, who after a moment of hesitation, accepted her help. She helped the lady walk back to her seat, and with a kind smile, conversed with her.

After she was sure the old lady was comfortable in her seat, with the frame of 5'7, she walked back to her seat and found her fraternal twin brother Aarush, wide awake, which she was grateful to. She shrugged her shoulders as he was staring at her with raised eyebrows.

"What now, Aaru? Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked irritably.

"I always considered you crazy, Sis, but never thought you'll be this lunatic to play water fight in a flight, that too with your iPad. Seems like, Dr. Anaisha Gujral, becoming a doctor has disorganised the wires of your brain," said Aarush with sheer tone of mock.

The girl Anaisha, the young medical graduate who was about to start her medical internship soon in her father's hospital, rolled her chocolaty brown eyes and settling on her seat, said indignantly, "Look who's talking, the guy who was snoring like a seal? Seriously, Aaru, you think I was playing water fight?"

Her brother grinned at her playfully and she slapped his arms in response. She shook her head and then narrated him the incident which made her clothes and iPad get soaked in water.

"Ohh that's a kind deed, baby sister. Anyway I'm going back to sleep. Once I reach back home, dad won't let me rest for a minute. He had already scared the hell out of me. So please let me sleep," said Aarush, taking a long yawn after finishing his sentence. He closed his eyes and in few minutes was back to his slumber, which made Anaisha shake her head again seeing his sleepiness.

But she didn't wake him up, as she knew he was actually right. Her father, Arnav Gujral, owner of a construction company, was really going to make her brother work real hard, as they had seen him do the same to her second eldest brother, Advay as for him there's no relation between personal and professional life, so his sons were nothing but like any other employ for him.

Yet with Anaisha, he always modified all of his rules. Her father, who was also one of the chief trustees of New Life Hospital and Research Centre, one of the biggest chains of private hospitals of India, had tried his best to get her best mentors in the hospital but couldn't do so as his wife, on Anaisha's insistence, had interrupted him and told him to let Anaisha get a normal work experience, to which he agreed halfheartedly.

For this she was very grateful to her mom, Khushi Gujral, a former English Professor, who after the birth of her eldest son, gave up her career and became a homemaker, which she, to this date, never regretted. And she was probably the reason for Anaisha's inclination toward writing and literature.