1. Sickness

Brendon didn't bother closing the door lightly when leaving his apartment.

Coffee in one hand and keys in the other, he made sure everything was locked, taking sips as he walked down the long hallway until he reached the stairs.

He passed by the other apartment doors that held life behind them. Music beating through the wood like it was nothing, but Brendon hummed along when his feet brought him to walk by. He knew the tune. Other sounds weren't as family friendly and the man felt himself purse his lips in discomfort when failed muffled moans entered his ears.

He only walked faster.

Finally, his boots played softly against the steps as he walked down, making it to the bottom and seeing one of his neighbors with a bag full of dirty laundry. She was on her way to the dry cleaners. She went every Sunday.

Brendon waved, lips still in a hard line but he made an attempt to lift it into a smile.

She nodded her head with a grin.

That was enough for him, his heart was already beating fast enough.

He was so bad with people.

The man walked out the doors and made his way to the lot where his car had been parked. A Prius that was used prior, which brought the price down quite a bit since it was worn down, but Brendon loved it.

I mean, it got him around, did it not?

He opened the car door after a nervous shuffle of keys, falling onto the seat that had ripping covers with a huff.

The door was now closed and he was confined within the vehicle. Hands gripping the steering wheel for a moment, he bored his eyes into whatever was in front of him and just sat there.

He saw someone shift uncomfortably when they noticed Brendon's eyes on them.

It wasn't intentional.

He's embarrassed.

Brendon decides it was time to leave. He shoved the key into the ignition and backed out of the lot. He didn't think much of the person and instead paid attention to soft drops of rain that landed on his windsheild. A tunic pitter patter that his heart beat could match.

He pops a CD in labeled 'It's Raining Again'. The rain made him feel some type of way. Like he could stretch his arms out and be free for a while, breathe in the cold air that was so fresh and relieving. But at the same time, he felt so restrained. The rain was keeping him from doing things-- distracting him.

The songs matched those feelings, somehow.

At a stop light, he looked over to his left to see someone pressing the crosswalk button over, and over, and over again in aggravation. A hood covering their frame and a shivers to rack up their spine.

Brendon felt bad for them.

He wanted to help but a flash of green lit up in his dark eyes and he knew he had no time, so he continued driving with a wave of disappointment to wash over him for a few moments.

He sips on his coffee and sings along to music as he drives downtown.

Soon enough he was parked in the lot of the destination he needed to be. Brendon pulls his keys out, shoving them back into his pocket. Making sure his coffee was in hand, he opens the door and steps out.

Raindrops fall against his boots and nose when walking closer to the decently large, pink building.

Walking inside he was met with a few friendly faces. One specific person turned around with a huge smile that could potentially harm her cheeks. "Hey, Sweetie!"