Day Five

It was 28th April, Friday I just woke when the alarm rang early at morning by 5.00 a.m., as soon as I woke up, I went straight to the kitchen, to make the extract juice from the leaves. I took 15 leaves of soursop and poured a glass of water and then switched on the induction stove to the heat the mixture, I made it boil until it became one fourth of the exact amount and then allowed it cool completely. I took the juice which was already refrigerated, poured one 10 ml to 50 ml of water mixed it well and diluted it s well.

Then as usual I went upstairs to take bath, came down did my usual prayers, I went to my mom's room to wave her bye, but the sight I saw was heartbreaking... My mom was lying on her bed holding their picture, in which they were standing happily as if they were newly married couple. This pic was taken on my post wedding photo shoot, and we all love that pic, as my mom and dad would look really great in that picture, so we laminated it as bigger picture. I was looking at my mom with my tear filled eyes as had no words to convince her, I slowly moved back to my room and started crying looking at my moms pathetic situation, I once again closed my eyes and asked god for her mercy. I remained silent for a few seconds and I  then started to the hospital with my grandfather. It was again 7.00 a.m. when I reached the hospital. I entered the room, my mama(uncle), was waiting for changing my daddy's clothes and bed covers. As we entered my mama with the help my grandpa was dressing up my daddy and I was asked to stay back until they are done with it.

I was waiting out patiently until, the whole process was over. Then my mama came out, I asked my mama " was everything alright, had there been any improvements or changes in him?" He replied, "yes, but last night there was a sudden drop in his RPM, suddenly everything started to drop out, I then immediately informed the nurse practitioner, they have injected him and then everything began to be normal." After hearing this I was taken aback... I paused for a second, because the last day what my mother-in-law was informing was now began to impact here. I then asked my mama " is daddy alright?". My mama smiled at me and replied " he is good now, go and give him the medicines that you bought...". He added " Ask amma(mom) not prepare any food solutions to daddy, because doctor had asked not to give him any liquid foods other than IV's". I was shocked for a second and again insisted on whether my daddy was really alright, my mama replied " No he is good, you go and check him by yourself"...

I went inside and asked the nurse practitioner to give the medicines I brought, but she said she should not give my daddy anything other than the IV which is already going on. I insisted her, that it is important for him to give this today, I really forced her to give, and at last she agreed to give the medicine.

Then I was sitting beside my daddy and was calling out him, he opened his eyes and stared at me as if he was seeing my for the first time. My mama instructed me to dip some cloth in the water and rub through his lips, so that his dried lips will become a little wet. I was dipping the cloth in the water and applied on his lips, he suddenly raised his voice, " Ganesh give me water"... We were all surprised, my mama ran towards him and rubbed some water on his lips. Then he kept silent and was back to sleep.

His office staffs came to visit him, when they saw him, their eyes were filled with tears, I firmly said that nothing would happen to my daddy, he will definitely be alright. One of his staff went near him and called "Sir", my daddy all of sudden opened his eyes and responded back. He happily said " sir opened his eyes when I called him sir". I then said " if you speak those words which give him happiness he will definitely respond back". They all nodded as they couldn't utter a word, then they left he hospital.

I waited till noon and I was resting my head on his shoulders and was holding his arms. He was coughing more as his throat was fully dry, whenever he cough I used to rub his chest, my fingers could feel only his chest bones, and no flesh in it. It was so wounding when I used to rub his chest and my hands ran through his hair making him calm, he used react as if he is a innocent kid looking for warmth of his mother... But everyday when I used to wave him bye, he used to reply me back by nodding his head...

He was now a child, for everyone who takes care of him. I was happy as I could here his bold voice as he sounds before, this sprouted me inside the stronger hopes for him to get well soon...

My moms brother called me by noon, he said he has to perform some Pooja(prayers) for my dads soon recovery. So he mailed me the list, which contains the necessary materials for performing the pooja. I and my cousin started shopping and reached home by evening. I was so tired of shopping in the sun, as soon I reached home I feel asleep in the couch at the living room, I wake up by 7.00 pm, then started feeding my son his dinner. My was very upset and worried as the Doctor's had asked to stop the liquid food, that was given to my dad. I somehow convinced her to have her dinner and I went to bed upstairs with my son...