XI

tyler sits in the very front, he holds josh hand out of comfort and it's much too loud for him but he's too enthralled. his mouth is open just in the slightest and as the stripper dances, he smiles.

"they're so good josh." he whispers in awe. he's swinging his feet and his attention and understanding doesn't go deeper than thinking the dancing is good.

"mhm, i know." josh says easily and he hadn't even realized that tyler was this innocence, he'd honestly thought he was joking about not having been to a strip club, or not knowing what it was but no, he actually hadn't a clue. josh felt bad.

"do you drink?" josh asks.

"water." the small boy says, his gaze on the stage.

"i'll be right back, dont talk to anyone okay?"

"w-why?" tyler frowns, eye lashes batting gently.

"not everyone is as nice as i am okay?" josh says as he scratches the back of his neck nervously. yeah this wasn't one of his best ideas, he felt guilty.

"i- okay, be fast then." tyler says shyly, holding his small fingers around his sweater paws.

josh is as fast as he can be, the bar isn't very busy, the girl working there is over to him in seconds as he orders whiskey for himself a glass of iced water for his new friend.

the bartender tries to talk to him but the moment he looks back for tyler the small boy is talking to an older guy and josh nearly sprints over. it's nearly possessive. he had tyler first.

"hey, we shouldn't probably get going?" josh says breathlessly as he stands in front of the two, blocking the stage where a pretty blonde is dancing.

"wha-why? we just got here." tyler says, he's confused in his seat, he curls in on himself, bringing his small feet up onto his chair.

"i jus-"

"he's fine here." the stranger sitting beside tyler says, his arm around the tiny brunette and josh is mad at himself. god he never has any good ideas.

"no, we've got to go."

tyler makes no attempt to move, he's not even listening. he's helplessly watching the show, his small ears only focusing on the music.

"uh no. he can stay." the stranger replies and josh can't help but lean down beside him and whisper against his ear.

"if you don't get the fuck away from my boyfriend, i will get you banned from this damn club and beat you to a pulp." he lies easily but tyler is gonna be his, or at least he has to get him in bed. the guy shrinks and lets out a nervous cough as he starts retracting his arm from tyler.

"s-sorry man, i didn't know." he says and josh is glad he's not a home wrecker even if he and tyler are far from boyfriend's. he's gone before tyler even notices and josh takes his spot.

"w-what was that bout?"

"nothing. we should still leave okay? i shouldn't have brought you here."

"o-kay." tyler pronounces in a small voice as he gets up. he wasn't going to say no to josh, the small brunet also really missed bluebell.

as they leave tyler eyes the strippers and he definitely needs to come back some day, it's fun.