XV

tyler wakes up with a small yawn, brendon spooning him softly, chin resting on his shoulder. the brunette squirms around but not before giggling from the tiny weight on his stomach.

bluebell sits on him, wagging her small tail, tongue sticking out.

he pulls out a arm from under the covers, scratching behind her ear.

"g'morning." he whispers softly. bluebell gets off of him, paws on brendon's back. she licks his ear and brendon's shooting up in an instant.

"i'm awake." he says quickly. groaning at the sunlight coming in from his window.

"hi bren." tyler says quietly, removing himself from his best friends grasp and leaning to grab bluebell off his back. no hesitation she climbs into his lap, brendon groaning again and nuzzling his face into his pillow.

"can i make us s'me breakfast t'day." tyler asks excitedly.

"mhm. sure." brendon says lazily, smiling as he closes his eyes again.

tyler kisses his cheek softly and grabs bluebell setting her on the floor.

*

he makes them banana pancakes, he's scared to burn them but he pays attention to them and by the times brendon is awake and lighting a blunt in the living room the food is done.

as soon as he sits down and sets down their plates he feels his phone buzz in his pocket. he has a feeling it's josh, he really wants it to be josh.

he stares at brendon for a second before standing up quickly. "I'll be right back."

brendon nods not bothering to put anything on his pancakes and instead just grabbing on with his hand.

tyler blinks and then walks away briskly checking his phone when he turns into his bedroom.

Josh- hey beautiful do you want to come skating with me today?

little tyler gasps. is this a date? it sounds like a date. he's never been on one before, his cheeks instantly heat up and a smile slowly makes his way to his lips. josh is so nice to him.

brendon definitely wont like this but god he really wants to go.

it doesn't take much for him to reply.

okay!! where do you want to meet. I don't think brennie will want you to pick me up :(
Sent

Josh- starbucks, the one near tacobell

tyler smiles. this is so exciting.