Chapter 11

These last couple of weeks have flown by because of the rush of the concert and because I've been busy with homework and practices. I'm over at Matt's again for our last rehearsal before the choir concert on Thursday. We've run the song enough times that we feel comfortable with it and because we ended earlier than we thought- and because are schedules were cleared for this- Matt asked me if I wanted to run the Show Choir dance.

     It's toward the end of the song now and I'm twitting into Matt. When his arms wrap around me I feel a little tingle. I lean to the side with my right foot up by my left calf. I put my foot down and I'm going to turn out of the hold when my foot slips, "Ah!" I shout. I fall back and land in Matt's arms.

     I stare wide-eyed up at him and the funny feeling is back in my stomach. Again, wow we are really close. The door opens and Matt helps me back up. Still staring. I hear Elizabeth call out, "I'm home!" And then say, "Oh, Ronni, I didn't know you were coming over today." She looks over to Matt.

     "Oh, yeah," Matt rubs the back of his neck, "we were just practicing our dance for show because the concerts this week."

     I look away form Matt towards his mom, "Oh, well, I should get going."

     "Honey don't let me stop you, you two can keep practicing." She sets her keys down on the side table by the door and shrugs off her jacket.

     "No, no, it's fine." I reply nervously, "My mom's making diner, so I-I should really go." I grab my jacket and purse and head for the door. "Bye Matt." I call before opening the door.

     "Bye" Matt waves.

     It feels good to step outside, I was getting really anxious in there. Whether it was another almost kiss with Matt or the weird feeling I keep getting in my stomach. Honestly, I have no idea what's going on with dinner, but I hope it's ready because I am starving.

***

     "Bitch." Katie says.

     We are sitting at lunch Monday morning talking about my second "almost kiss" with Matt. "Will you stop calling me that!" I complain.

     "Okay, well he clearly likes you!" Audrey smiles.

     "No he doesn't," I roll my eyes, "it was just a place and time kind of thing."

     "Really?" She raises her eyebrows.

     "I'm telling you I was spinning out when my foot slipped. Both of our hands were still connected when it happened, so it's not like he ran across the room to save me from hitting the wood floor." This isn't some romance anime.

     "Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why he's staring at you." Krysta points her in Matt's direction.

     "What?" I furrow my brows.

     "He is totally staring." Carter glances over her shoulder.

     I start turning towards Matt's table, "He is n-," he's totally staring, but not at me. "Oh my gosh," I turn back towards my friends, "guys he's not staring at me he's staring at the blonde at the next table aka Casey." Their faces fall and I know I'm right.

     "Dang it, I hoping he was staring at you," Kayla says, "That would have been way more interesting."

     "True." I state. I look back at Matt and his eyes move down to mine. He smirks. Wow, just my luck that he looks when I look and now he thinks I was staring. I roll my eyes and jump into the new conversation about Audrey and Wes-also known as Wesley from mixed.