OHD: Chapter One

Dr. Jose Luca Grazi

"IT'S TIME TO GET LIT THE FUCK UP TONIGHT!" I threw my hands up in the air, screeching like a mad man. I heard a loud scoff come from beside me and I turned to it. "The only thing that's getting lit tonight is the cobwebs inside your dick. I guess they formed after not having been used for so long." I glared at the person who shrugged at me with a smirk. "Oh well." He let out a chuckle and I sighed at my best friend like he was the stupidest idiot I had never met. "Nicca, child," I tried to break it down for him in the simplest of terms. "I don't have to work to get a guy in my bed. Are you sure your dick hasn't locked up yet?" I raised an eyebrow, putting a hand on my hip.

"Touche, gay man." My best friend of twenty years and long time doctor Nicca Alfarone scowled at me and I smirked in response. "Why so salty, rusty arse?" I tilted my head in response, loving how annoyed he got. He rolled his eyes, standing up next to me. "I'm turning twenty-nine and we haven't even attempted at relationships yet." Nicca groaned sullenly. "What does that have to say about us?" He questioned and I shrugged. "I don't believe in the concept of relationships. When there's no love involved, things go much better and smoothly." I stated, nodding to Nicca, who looked at me like I was crazy.

I wasn't going to put myself in that situation again. Even after two years have gone by, that hole in my heart was never going to fade. "Jose," Nicca spoke, jerking my attention to his strong gaze. "Zy is a figment of the past. I know it hurts but you have to let it go." He spoke but I couldn't hear him. Sometimes, I always envied Nicca because he couldn't understand the pain that I felt when the man I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, Zy Finnerty, publicly humiliated me and broke my heart, for the entire world to see.

Nicca had never had a real relationship before, so it was hard for him to understand my pain. He had never devoted so much of his time and love to someone, to actually know what it felt like to be heart broken by the one you thought you loved. "You're right," I gritted my teeth while stifling a fake smile. "He's just someone I thought I knew." I tore my eyes away from Nicca before he could read through me and realize that yes, I still haven't healed.

Zy was more than someone I thought I knew. He was someone I thought I would marry and adopt kids with but as a twenty eight year old man, coming home to an empty house everyday, I knew that wasn't the case.

"I know you're still hurting, Jose," Nicca spoke softly and I hated the way he knew me so well. "But somewhere along the way in your life," He reached to grab my hand, causing my eyes to follow the action. "Somewhere along the way, you will find someone that will make you question why you ever spent your life moping over him." Nicca nodded affirmatively and I sighed. "You're right." I bit my lip. "I just hate the fact that I spent so much time giving that man my all." I confessed, suddenly realizing what day it was. "We can talk about me later all yous want, but right now ya twat, it's your birthday." I winked, feeling a little better.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Nicca rolled his eyes, walking over to the mirror on the wall to look at himself. "I think I saw a wrinkle forming on my forehead." I stifled a snicker as I watched him panic over his appearance. "Wow, I even see your ass starting to droop a bit. You need to drink more milk." I stated casually and his eyes widened like he actually believed me. "A-Are you serious, Jose?" He turned his butt to the mirror and I snorted. "Ah, calm down you crazy old geezer." I let out a chuckle. "I'm just pulling ya finger." I shrugged.

"Don't play with me like that." He glared at me. "I was starting to think it was the reason why no one likes me." He pouted and I raised an eye brow. "No." I shook my head. "Your personality is the reason why you have no friends." I kept in a loud laugh and Nicca narrowed his eyes at me, the sign of death. "You are a complete ass." He walked away to go put together his outfit for tonight.