Holding Onto You Chapter 43

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't leave you alone Brian. I came to get you for the party. I know you want to be alone and you need space but I won't go back there without you." I told him, turning to him.

He sat up and sighed. "Vincent please, just give me space and time. Go home and enjoy the party and I'll see you on Monday. Why are you doing this, why are you torturing me? I just want to grab you by the collar and kiss you breathless. I shouldn't have said that. Please Vince just leave."

I pulled him down on the bed and straddled him. My breath fanned his face and he avoided my gaze.

"I am not leaving until you join me. I don't care how long I have to stay here, I'm not going back without you." I told him, holding him down.

"Come on Vince don't be so stubborn. I'm tired I want to sleep. Okay let's do this, tomorrow afternoon we'll go out to celebrate your birthday. We can go to the beach and have ice cream and after that we can go clubbing since you'll officially be eighteen." He tried to push me off but I kept him down.

"Not like being under age has stopped me from clubbing before. Let's just go to my house and we can talk about it there." I sat up and tried to pull him off the bed but he held back.

"Okay fine I'll come to your house but in an hour or so. I'm going to rest for a while and then I'll come to the party." He gave up trying to fight me. "I promise you I'll be there." He insisted when I gave him a sceptical look.

I sat on the bed again and rested against the headboard. "Fine I'll wait here until you're ready to go."

I knew I was being annoying and insensitive but I knew that if I left Brian today, things between us wouldn't be the same again. I was being a pain but I knew that Brian was happy that I was here.

I didn't give him a chance to argue and pulled him into my arms letting him rest his head on my chest.

"I love you Vincent, I always will." He whispered.

"Good because I'm not letting you go, ever. I love you Brian." I kissed his forehead and he finally gave me a genuine smile.

He rested in my arms for almost an hour and I was just about to fall asleep when he jumped up and got a sudden burst of energy.

"Come on Vince let's go before Finn is too tired to dance with me, or wasted." He nagged, trying to pull me off the bed.

"And here I was thinking you were doing it for me. Let's just forget the party and sleep here, it's so comfortable and warm." I hid my face in his pillow and growled when he pulled the covers away.

"Come on Vince, Hunter must be waiting for you." He took my hand and I let him pull me out.

I wore my shoes and waited for Brian to get ready before we went downstairs and we were about to leave the house when Brian's parents stopped us.

"Brian, where are you going son?" Kurt asked, not sounding happy.

Brian turned to me and rolled his eyes. "I'll meet you in the car."

I nodded and smiled before leaving the house and getting in my car.

I waited a few minutes wondering if Brian was going to make it out alive and just when I was beginning to think he was going to be banned from my house by his parents, he ran up to the car and got in.

"Sorry about that, my dads are just full of nonsense but it's all sorted so let's go. Come on hurry up I want to see Finn." His excitement was uncanny and he couldn't fool me.

"I just don't believe it. I left my party, I left Hunter, I left all the beer to come here to you and you only want Finn." I grumbled, putting on a fake frown.