Hope

Italics=Trigedasleng
Sam's POV

The crowd cheered as they found out that there was hope that we could survive, I rocked Athena in my arms but still paid attention. Jaha stood in front of them all, talking about the bunker they discovered at Polis.

"There is an underground aquifer with a filtration system that is still operational." Jaha explained. "Some of the water will go to the hydroponic farm. Isn't that right, Mr Green?"

Jaha pointed to Monty in the crowd, who nodded. "Most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Monty turned towards Harper and said something else before grabbing her hand. At this motion Bellamy looked over at me. Our eyes met for a split second before I looked back to Jaha.

"It won't be easy. There will be plenty of hard work to go around. But together we have struggled. And together we will rise. Pack your things m. Just what you can carry. We leave at first light."

I quickly made my way out the door, not only to avoid Bellamy but to get out before the crowd pushed through.

~

As I finished packing, I looked over at the little girl in her crib. I didn't know if my choice was the right one, but this was something I need to do.

After I convinced myself of that, I grabbed some paper and pen and began to write my notes. One to my dad, one to Monty and Jasper, one to Clark and Abby, and finally one to Bellamy.

I had only got to the one for Jasper and Monty before I was interrupted. I quickly placed some book and paper, messily over the notes and went to answer the door.

I wasn't surprised that Bellamy was there, but I still didn't want him there.

"Hey, can I come in?"

I nodded and moved aside for him to enter. He immediately went towards Athena to see her.

"What do you want?" I asked, more rudely then I wanted to.

Bellamy slowly turned away from Athena towards me. "I just wanted to see you both, and ask you what you thought? About the bunker."

"It'll help everyone survive. What's there to question?" I walked pass Bellamy towards Athena and rocked her a bit.

"How about why you're not going." Bellamy sounded confused with his own words. I snapped my head towards him to find that he found my notes to my dad, Monty, and Jasper.

"You have no right to go through my things!"

"I do if it means you're gonna take my daughter away from me! 'Hey dad,'" Bellamy read from the note. "I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think Athena and I can go with you to the bunker. I think we would have a better chance out in the woods." I snatched the note from his hands before he could read anymore. "When were you going to tell me?" I stayed silent looking down at the floor. "You weren't. You were just gonna take Athena and leave."

I could tell Bellamy was getting angry by the way he was clenching his jaw and pacing. "I'm sorry, but I think it's best.,"

"Sorry? That it. I love you. Both of you, and you were just gonna leave like I mean nothing!"

"It's not about you Bellamy! I'm doing what I think is best. Not just for me and Athena but for everyone."

I sat down on my make-shift bed and placed my head in my hands as I broke down. The bed shifted a little as Bellamy sat down next to me and pulled me into his chest.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.