5 • curiosity

"Choosing to be curious is choosing to be vulnerable because it requires us to surrender to uncertainty." - Brene Brown, Rising strong

          "Hello darling," the blonde man greeted, towering over me.

          Yelping, I quickly pivoted back towards the bathroom door, trying to get through. However, he was too quick for me. As soon as I walked into the bathroom, I tried to slam the door and failed as his foot wedged between the door and doorframe. I yelped in a hurry to get as far from him as possible. I managed to put about a foots length of distance between us before I seemed to freeze. I was immobile for what was probably the third time since I'd gotten to Deacon's manor. I was facing the glass walls of the shower with my body stuck in mid stride. Growling out in frustration I slightly managed to shake my hands and arms, turning my head towards the man I glared back at him. He was amused with my struggles.

          "Try and move all you want Gabriella, you're not going anywhere,"

          "How the heck do you do that?" I growled out.

          "I'm sure you'd like to know. Have you already forgotten our conversation last night? Do not try to involve yourself into things you do not understand here. I thought you'd understood that," he grinned, slowly pacing towards me.

          "I didn't do anything!" I spat. My dark brown eyes set in a deathly glare.

          "Hmm, perhaps you hadn't," he chuckled darkly, "however how am I supposed to know you won't? Besides I enjoy tormenting you far too much to stop myself."

He was right behind me when I finally regained mobility of my limbs. However, before I could get away again he quickly shoved me and pushed me up the glass door of the shower. The slightly damp and coolness of the glass seeped through me. In contrast, the blonde behind me seemed to radiate warmth across my entire back. His strong arms held me firmly against the glass, with one hand on the back of my neck and the other pressing against my lower back. Grimacing I struggled against the glass, attempting to find some sort of area of space to turn around at least. The man chuckled, sending shivers through me.

          "I would stop moving so much if I were you, you're only making this more entertaining for me you know?" he told me.

Pressing my palms against the glass, I tried pushing away from the door only to me smacked back into the glass. My temple made contact with the glass causing sparks to shoot across my vision. The pain pulsing through my skull as I groaned.

          "You pathetic human. Didn't I tell you, you belong to me?" he bit out.

          "I belong to no one! I'm not anybody's. Not once, not ever," I barked against the glass.

Immediately, his body moved off of me but his hands remained against me body, holding me in place. The cold air of his body's absence hit me. The cool air made me shudder, but his arrogance and nerve only fueled my burning anger. There was a flame deep inside me that was only building more and more.

          That's when I felt it. The sharp tip of the blade slowly ran from the base of my spine towards the edge of my hairline starting on the back of my neck. My breathing ceased as ice ran through my veins.

          "Hmm, lost your confidence darling?" whispered the blonde into my ear. It caused the hairs on the back of my neck to rise. 

Of course I wouldn't admit that he actually elicited fear in me, even though he probably already knew. I tried to inch slightly away from the sharp edge prodding my spine, however the more I squirmed the harder he would press the blade into my back. I winced slightly as I felt it cut into my back slightly. I tried to maintain my composure, to appear as strong as I could but the man seemed to notice this. He glared at me and dug the blade even deeper, moving it from my spine upwards and around my shoulder blade in a carving motion. The pain was becoming unbearable as a single tear managed to escape my eye. I felt a bit of warm thick liquid drip down my back; he'd drawn blood.