Chapter 14: Getting to know Eric's dark side

Start from the beginning

This was only my second day here and I already needed a long vacation.

Ahhh. And I cannot stand this pesky back pain anymore.

And no, it was not from the morh's poison - I was lying to myself. I was probably being the biggest irresponsible. But, since there was no information about any cure against morh poison, I preferred to just pretend that nothing had happened. Perhaps there was a slight chance that I was not even infected.

'Are you alright?' Christine asked me.

'Better than ever', I replied ironically. 'And don't you dare read my feelings', I warned her. 'This is not my best day.'

'She pushed herself too hard in gym class today, that's why she is so moody', Maggie interfered. Then she laughed and showed off her dimpled cheeks.

'You have a beautiful smile', Nate said to her.

'Thank you.'

She tried to put on a serious face but her smile just became even wider.

'In fact, my sister wanted to say thank you and to tell you that she thinks you also have a very nice smile.'

We all started to laugh, except for Maggie who looked angrily at her sister.

'Look who's there', Beatrice said changing the topic and thus saving Maggie from an embarrassing situation.

When I turned, Barbie was in Damien's arms. They were kissing.

'I still cannot understand how he can be with her', I said to them.

'Aaa...maybe he does not care that the girl has no brain?

'Haha, Maggie. You are right', Beatrice said. 'Maybe Sarah has other talents though.'

'Yes, maybe she is a real tiger in bed', Arriana said amused.

'I really did not want to get that image into my head. Kate, did you hear what we have to do during detention?'

'Don't remind me, please. But you are a bookworm anyway. You should enjoy it.'

'Yeah...I would rather read the books than to wipe the dust off them!'

The Mexican girls started to laugh.

'Detention already from day one? ', Mayte said.

'Maggie, what did you do? Was the professor upset with you because you knew more than he did?

-Haha Arriana, not funny. Ah, I almost forgot. Kate, Christine, I am really sorry that you two could not stay for the second Self-deduction class.'

'We're not at all sorry', Christine and I said.

'You'll get the next course via email. Since you left earlier, the professor assumed that you knew everything already so you two will be the ones who will present the lesson next time.'

'You're joking, aren't you?' Christine asked.

'This is going to be really interesting. When is your next Self deduction class? I think I am going to pay you a visit.'

'Haha, very nice of you Camille', I said sulky.

'Kate, what happened yesterday? When I met Eric he seemed to be pretty concerned about you', Christine asked me.

'I'm sure he was', I babbled.

Arriana shifted from me to Christine waiting for me to answer.

'Who is Eric? Is he cute?'

'It doesn't matter', I replied.

But obviously that Christine could not help herself.

'Very cute in fact.'