Leggo My Ego - Josh Jackson/Frank Mason/DeVonte Graham

Start from the beginning

And, I may be paranoid, as this may or may not be necessary, but I feel the need/desire to clarify this. When I say "threesome", I just mean that there are 3 people that make up the relationship. I don't mean the actual, sexual engagement of threesome activity, except for in the cases where that actually does take place ;)

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled programming (that was cancelled for 5+ years but has now returned by popular - okay just Kayden's - demand)*TV screen fizzes*
·
·

The atmosphere of this scrimmage game? As sharp and as piercing as the strong, relentless gusts of wind that permeate the air along the grounds of Kansas University on this cold, sad, late December night.

The whistle being used by makeshift Ref Self was even more so, ringing out through the sharp, tense atmosphere within Kansas Basketball's practice facility at frequencies so high, everyone's ears had to have been near accustomed to the shrill ringing by this point. The whistle, once sterling silver and glistening in the light at the beginning of the scrimmage having turned damp and cloudy by many layers of saliva from overuse. The whistle, having been abused in effort to tame the student-athletes who seem to have lost comprehension of the concept of the common foul, and then some.

That whistle is meant to restrain a wild side, like a leash to a rabid, untamed dog. With that rabid, untamed dog in mind, you would think it was a full moon with the way players were playing tonight! Werewolves killing each other for a scrap of meat!

Yet another scuffle, the seventh of the game, had started up, a tell-tale sign that this long night was far from over. There was no rhyme or reason why tonight called for all this bad blood (besides the Purge, was there ever?), but there was an obvious, common denominator there who was the bane of every fight. As he always was ever since he set foot on Kansas in the Summer.

Seven of the other players on the court, plus two or three others whom have just ran off the bench and four assistant coaches and managers, try to divide the two teammates jawing at each other. More like that one player completely mauling the other; they were clearly no longer teammates in this moment. Suffice to say, if this were a true, in-game situation.... the whole team would be ejected.

Well, almost the whole team. You'd still have a chance to win the game, slight as may be. As long as someone is there, you have a chance. And lucky you, you'd have DeVonte Graham, junior star, who was currently backing away from the floor scuffle like it was his own worst enemy. He wants no part of it. And he didn't know what to do.

The slew of whistles crackle and pop once again, voices cracking horribly from overexertion from the whole night. The soles of everyone's shoes and sneakers are heard across the floor as a result of people getting dragged down to it by the force of the heap trying to dissolve the seventh brawl. It was a nightmare. Everyone wanted nothing more than to put this game out of service and leave.

But you don't give up on your team.

One of Bill Self's most important mottos.

Never give up on your team, on your culture, on the Kansas Basketball program, on your teammates. Even if that teammate is impossible to deal with and brings hardship and much more bad than good to camaraderie, like freshman superstar Josh Jackson.

Josh rains profanities and punches down on Malik, who is trying to shield himself from the hits to the best of his abilities. He could hardly have any time to react between blows. I guess "Don't hit a man while he's down" lost its meaning?