Fair Date - Tyler Ulis x Devin Booker

Published July 30, 2017

Just some fluff between two very fluffy-looking people!
°
°

Devin's POV

I can't force the little smile to leave my face as I continue to watch my boyfriend of nearly 2 and a half years sleeping peacefully.

I am still trying to convince myself to wake him up so we can do things but ugh he just looks so cute!! I've been trying for the past 40 minutes. Nothing new for me, but seriously, I've got actual plans with him that don't involve me playing Rocket League and him watching me for eternity.

Tyler clutches the pillow closer to his body and stirs around some, twisting his body to the side a little more to face me, his mouth slightly agape. He snores softly in his little slumber.

I trace some of my favorite tattoos of his. The one of his two mothers on his left breast, the one that reads "A Love I Can't Explain" with a ball under it displayed on his right arm, and now the one that spreads across his collarbones, saying:

 The one of his two mothers on his left breast, the one that reads "A Love I Can't Explain" with a ball under it displayed on his right arm, and now the one that spreads across his collarbones, saying:

Yeah of course that's my favorite tattoo.

It happened while we were roomates at the University of Kentucky. We both just kinda came out with it one day in our dorm room, and then weeks later we actually had sex for the first time. Mind-boggling. Still gives me chills every time I relive the moment. He got the tat a few months after the day we got together.

Then I left him to go to the NBA, well I should say he prompted and convinced me to go because of course I didn't want to leave him there and he didn't want me to go either, but he told me do what's best for your actual family. And then I was taken aback because he is actual family. Like why would he put it in that perspective?

But I chewed on his word real hard and left for my "actual family". He stayed loyal, I stayed loyal, and then I recruited him to Phoenix, 48/7.

And it WORKED. Reunited again!!! I was so relieved and thankful, and as for how we celebrated on draft night.....

But they underestimate the
sub 6-ft point guards, bro. Tyler, he com-in'. For everyone's _sses.

They don't see what I see in him.