Chapter 1: The lost one

I didn't find many Chrono Trigger fanfics so I thought I'd try writing one :) Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Chrono Trigger

Name: Katara, but Red until she regains her memory

Native era: you'll find out!

Appearance: ocean blue eyes, straight blood red hair that goes halfway down her back and a strange marking on her right arm

Age: 15

Past: you'll find out :P

Chapter 1: The lost one

Current era: Middle ages

Glenn (Frog) POV

She lingered deep in the woods, the shadow of a young and beautiful maiden who seemed unknowing of her location. She appeared lost, and seemed to pose no threat. I approached wearily, the maiden turning to face me, her big blue eyes, framed by beautiful long blood red hair, observing me with curiosity and uncertainty. It took me a moment to realize she was wounded fatally, as she fell to the ground unconscious. [...]

Three days, I waited in the castle's infirmary for her recovery, it was shocking to watch the maiden's wounds heal at such a fast pace. She clearly shaunt be classified in the norm around these lands. I sigh and look out the window, wishing desperately that thou shaunt be frightened by my frog like appearance when she awakes, one can only hope...

Red POV

I awake only to see a frog faced man looking down at me hopefully, waiting for me to speak, move, react...or slap him? I have no clue. I get a better look at him once my eyes adjust to the light.

"...where am I?"

"Guardia's castle's infirmary"

"what year is it?"

"the year 600"

"...shit"

"is thou not meant to be here?"

I shake my head.

"it's just....."

"just?"

"I.....don't remember anything......"

He widens his eyes for a moment in surprise then narrows them in pity.

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"...I feel like I've forgotten something important....really important....but for the moment I'm just struggling to remember my own name..."

I mumble the last part while looking down at my hands in shame.

"If it may prove to be of any consolation, you may stay with me until you regains your memory..."

I look up at him in shock

"Really? You mean it?!"

He nods awkwardly and I just grin and hug him.

"thank you so much!"

"no problem..." he mumbles trying to squirm out of my grip but to no avail.

Glenn (Frog) POV

After introducing myself and thinking up a name to call the maiden until she regains her memory: Red, I lead Red to my underground home in the enchanted forest and give her a small tour.

"Make yourself at home...."

"Thank you, mr. Froggy!"

I sigh.

'I have a feeling the young maiden will continue calling me such a childish name for quite some time...' I think to myself, showing her to the unused room I keep nice and neat in case I would ever have a guest, it gets quite lonely out here... I sigh in relief at the fact that she shaunt be bothered by my appearance and I make my way back to my own room giving her some space.

Red POV

I look around the room, find a mirror and make my way over to it, taking in my appearance and digging through my mind to find any memories at all but with no luck. I feel sadness take over my body and I trot over to the bed, lay down on my back and look up at the ceiling, feeling tears prick my eyes as I fall into a a dreamless sleep. [...]

[Next morning]

I awake from my dreamless sleep at the crack of dawn and I smirk recalling yesterday's events. I crawl out of bed, tiptoe over to the door, and I open it without a sound before making my way over to Mr. Froggy's bedside with surprising stealth and poking his cheek.

"Mr. Froggy?" I whisper?

Nothing.

"Mr. Froggy..."

Nothing...

"Mr. Froggy!"

Nope

"MR. FROGGY!!" I scream in his ear making him jolt awake, yelp in surprise and face plant on the floor.

I just fall on the floor laughing while he takes a few moments to redeem himself and glares at me in annoyance.

"Haha....amusing" he grumbles sarcastically.

"I'm sorry! You just wouldn't wake up..." I protest before he sighs loudly.

"That aside, I need to give thou a tour of the town"

My eyes brighten at that.

"An adventure?!"

"I suppose..."

"YAAAY!"

His eye twitches at my loudness but he still has happiness in them.

"When do we leave?"

"After we eat" "alright"

I reply, still smiling.

[...]

After we finish eating and getting ready, we make our way out of the house and out of the enchanted forest. He shows me the shops and inns all the way to the mountains so I wouldn't get lost if I ever went too far in that direction. Some mean town's peoples gave Mr. Froggy weird looks but I just gave them creepy glares and they looked away while I grinned in satisfaction. We then started to make our way to the castle because he also wanted to give me a tour there. We walk inside and head in the direction of the king who seems very stressed all of a sudden.

"What is troubling thou, my king?" asks Mr. Froggy.

"The queen is missing".

So did you like it? Comment, Vote and Follow if you want the next chapter! Thanks! :)