16. A THRONE & A QUEEN

The throne was cold.

It was made entirely of bones so I'm not sure what I expected but it was cold. Before me sat multiple types of demons that Corson quickly informed me about.

"Lesser demons," he stated as he tilted my head "are human born creatures who were bitten by upper level demons. Upper level demons are the demons who do our bidding, my bride."

Castor.

"Exactly," he smirked "you're a fast learner, little pet. Demons that have horns are demons you, Proserpina, do not talk to under any circumstances. Summon me and I'll deal with them."

"What's wrong with them," I asked as I glanced around the room and counted at least eight.

"They usually have something to do with Lord Vine. The last thing I want you to do is get wrapped up in Satan's bidding."

"And if Lord Vine comes up," I started.

"Be civil and watch that tongue of yours, pet." He warned as he took another glance around the room "remember," he said more quietly "demons are malicious creatures. Be careful what you say and do around them."

"Most dangerous piece on the board," I paraphrased.

"Yes," Corson looked worried as he stepped back behind the throne. Across the room stood Vine and he didn't look to happy.

"Lord Corson," Vine hissed as he took his seat in the throne beside me "I see you took a bride." The three other kings, the likes of which I'd never seen also took their seats on the thrones.

Corson took the moment to stand before the room full of demons and bring me to my feet.

"This is Proserpina," he called loudly "she is my bride and your first queen."

Demons growled, and screamed.

Is that good?

"It's a very good thing," Vine laughed darkly from beside me. His voice was so much deeper and darker than Corson's that it almost sounded like he was a figment of my thoughts. "If they didn't like you they would have killed you," he added as fear caused my heart to beat faster.

Vine laughed.

I looked down quickly, I'd never felt so intimidated in my life. It was like this dark force kept pushing me down. I looked briefly back at Vine who was still watching me.

"We should celebrate," Vine announced to everyone. "Tonight we feast," he roared as he stood above the cheering and chanting crowd of dangerous looking demons.

Corson glared at Vine before he said "you think that's wise?"

"I think your bride should enjoy all hell has to offer," he smiled aggressively as he turned his gaze toward me. "It's a shame," he added to me in a whisper "you were such an innocent and devoted little soul."

My eyes glowed red.