Dress-Up ~34

The wedding day was swiftly approaching, and I grew more anxious by the day. Finally, Sans suggested I go talk to Toriel. She was always so kind and calm, and I hadn't visited in a long time. So, I left him to coordinate things with Alphys while I headed to the castle.

The door swung open quickly, Frisk wrapping me in a tight hug. "Y/n! I've missed you!" He shouted.

"Missed you too, Frisk! Sorry for not visiting, a lot has been going on. Speaking of which, is mom home? I wanted to talk to her."

At that moment, Toriel came around the corner, a warm pie resting in her mitted hands, the smell making my hungry instantly. "My child! Come in, come in!"

After we settled (large slices of pie in our hands), I gave Frisk a look, telling him this was kinda private. He got the message and decided to talk some pie to Papyrus. "So, what is it you wish to talk about?"

I swallowed my mouthful of pie. "Um, just wondering, have you heard the news yet?" I asked cautiously. I wasn't sure if Mettaton had spilled any beans.

"No, why? What is it?" Her voice was filled with concern.

"Oh, nothing bad. Very good, actually." I smiled, blushing.

She gasped, her fork clattering to the table. "Did Sans propose?"

I nodded, showing her the ring. It was a thin silver band, with three diamond imbedded in it; the middle one being larger. "Wait, how did you know I was getting married if Mettaton didn't tell you?"

She laughed lightly. " I recognize the pure joy in your eyes. It was the same look in my eyes the day I married Asgore." Her eyes got a faraway look for a moment. "I'm just glad he's changed his ways."

"I'm glad for you!" I cheered as I took another bite of pie.

"So, what was it you wanted to say?"

"Oh, right." I cleared my throat, suddenly nervous. "Um, did you- did you get cold feet-?" I fidgeted, embarrassed by my words. "It's not that I don't like Sans- I love him with all my soul! It's just that, eternity is a long time to spend with someone. Plus, I'm a human, and he's a monster! How long do monsters live compared to humans?" I rambled, letting out all my nervous emotions.

Toriel just smiled and listened, which is just what I needed. After she was sure I was finished, she took my hand in hers over the table. "Y/n, do not be nervous. It is indeed a huge commitment, but it will make your life happy! Just make sure to work through your problems, instead of run away from them." She teared up, clearly regretting her decisions with Asgore all those years ago. I was just glad they had gotten past it.

"Thank you Tori. That was just what I needed to hear." I smiled, happy tears glistening in my eyes. "Now, may I ask for your help picking out a wedding dress?"

We walked to the MTT-brand always-convenient clothing store, and began looking at the wedding dresses. There were many different styles, and it was hard to narrow down our options. "Darling, is that you?" Mettaton cooed from across the store. Of course he's here, it's his store.

"Hello Metta! How are you?" I called, waving him over.

"Wonderful, now that I know about you and Sans.~ That's why I'm here! To help you pick a dress!" He clapped his hands joyfully.

"I appreciate that Mettaton, but Toriel is already helping." I smiled, gesturing to my goat mom.

Undeterred, he picked a dress off a nearby rack. "But this one would look so good on you, gorgeous!" It was a mermaid dress, and I could tell it would hug my body too tight for comfort.

"Um, it's beautiful, but I'm not sure it's for me. That's though-"

"Alright! You go try it on while I find some more for you to try!" He shoved me into the changing room, flouncing off to find more dresses. Toriel passed me a few of the more modest dresses we had already picked out, and I began trying them all on.

Mettaton continued to stop by with sheer, tight dresses, and Toriel kept handing me longer, flowier ones. None of them had really spoken to me yet, so I just kept going. Finally, I was exhausted. "Guys, can we continue another day? I'm so tired..."

"Just try this last one; it looks your style."

I gasped, quickly grabbing the dress. It complimented my figure flawlessly, and I instantly fell in love. "I'll take it."

Heya! Sorry about not posting, I was at a camp called EFY (Especially For Youth). It was amazing! Anyways, another poll! Vote on the wedding dress you like the best! (It doesn't really matter, I just like looking at wedding dresses XD)

 It was amazing! Anyways, another poll! Vote on the wedding dress you like the best! (It doesn't really matter, I just like looking at wedding dresses XD)

Love you, my little stars!~RaeTheStar

~RaeTheStar