Real Date ~10

We walked through Snowdin, snow crunching under our feet.

"So... Is this a date?" I teased, nudging his arm. He jumped at my touch and turned navy blue instantly. "Wow, somebody's jumpy much!"

"Heh. Hehe. It can- I mean, if you want it to. But, only if you want." He rubbed the base of his skull nervously.

"Yeah!" I smiled, and then realized what I said. "I-I mean, as friends, of course." I mentally face-palmed. I just friend-zoned my crush. You idiot!

"O-Oh, right. O-Of course." Sans looked away, quieting down.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, I spoke up. "Sooo... Where are we going?"

"How 'bout we go to my favorite place in the Underground." He smiled.

"Ooh, where's that?"

"Close your eyes, it's a surprise!" He grew more animated.

"Okay..." I sighed mockingly as I shut my eyes.

"Mmm... Cover 'em with your hands."

"Aww, don't you trust me?" I pouted, covering my eyes.

He chuckled. "Not really, no. You humans, all tricky." I felt him put his hands on my shoulders and begin to guide me.

I thought about what he said. "I thought I was the first human to fall down here? What do you mean, 'you humans'?" I felt him tense up.

"Oh, uhhh... I meant you humans, as in if all humans were like you, they'd all get into trouble. Heh. Heh..." He rushed his words, clearly covering something up.

"Okay." Don't think I'll forget this, Sans. Agent Frisk is now on the case... Whatever the case is. I smiled.

I heard him quietly sigh in relief. "Okay, I'm gonna teleport now, hold on." I held my breath, and felt the now-familiar feeling. "You're good."

I released my breath, relieved. "I didn't get dizzy! I guess since I can teleport too, I'm all good. So, are we there?"

"Just about." He led me a few more steps, and I felt we had walked into a new room, because it got slightly cooler. "Aaand... Now!"

I opened my eyes and gasped. "It- It's beautiful!" We were in the wet place again, in a room I had never been to before. There was lush blue grass scattered across the ground, with glowing blue flowers all around. The reflected light bounced through the air, looking like little fireflies. It was totally silent, except for our breathing.

"Welcome to my favorite room in Waterfall. C'mon!" Sans took me by the hand as we ran over to one of the flowers. I blushed at the touch; thankfully it was fairly dark in the room.

"This is an echo flower. They repeat the last thing they hear when you touch them." He said as we crouched next to it. He gently touched a petal, and the flower vibrated, creating a voice that sounded just like Sans'.

"...when you touch them."

I gasped in surprise. "That's so cool!" I ran around the room, talking into the magic flowers. Sans mostly just followed me, chuckling.

After a while, I wore out, and flopped onto the floor. Sans slowly laid down next the me. I gasped lightly as I settled in. "Wh-What are those?"

Sans' POV

I looked at her eyes, which were sparkling under the artificial starlight.

"Heh. Those are rocks embedded in the ceiling. They've been lit up with magic, to remind us what the real stars look like." I sighed, lost in my thoughts.

"...I'm sorry..." Frisk said softly.

"N-No, that's alright. These are really pretty, they glimmer like your eyes." My eyes widened as I realized what I just said. "I- I mean, they're my favorite color, blue. Heh. Heh..." Why did I say that?! I didn't mean it like that, it just kinda came out! I can't- I don't like a human...right?

Your POV

What did he just say? Did he- no, he wouldn't- would he?

We laid in silence for a while. Sans was probably asleep, but I was still thinking about what he said. It really confused me. Does he like me? Did he mean it?Do I like him? The last one really troubled me. I had only known the lazy skeleton for a few days, but he had really taken me under his wing. Wait, does that me he sees me as a little sister? And am I- sad, about that? Gah, emotions are so confusing!

"What'cha thinkin' about?" His voice startled me.

"Oh! Uh, nothing. Just wondering what you meant earlier. You know, about other humans."

"...if you don't wanna have a bad time, you won't mention that again." His voice was deep and melancholy; it was really scary.

"Oh- okay.." I said awkwardly, trying not to squirm uncomfortably.

"H-Hey, lighten up bucko, I'm just messing with ya." He said nervously. I knew he didn't mean any harm, but he really scared me. I didn't know it was a sensitive subject; it's not my fault.

We laid, staring at the stars for a while after, neither wanting to talk after the last outburst. Eventually, I couldn't keep my eyes open, and fell asleep in the long grass.

Sans' POV

I woke up from a small nap, finding Frisk asleep next to me. I started to sit up, but the rustling grass disturbed her. She groaned in her sleep and grabbed my arm. I blushed at the touch. I shook away the thought; I can't like a human. As Undyne would say, she is the enemy of all our hopes and dreams. But, I didn't feel that way. She didn't remember where she came from, and was kind to all monsters.

I sighed, looking at her soft, gentle face, and picked her up. I took a shortcut back home, and set her lightly on the couch, tucking her under the blanket.

"So how'd it go?" I jumped, startled by Gaster's voice.

"I thought you'd be dead asleep by now, G."

"One, don't joke about sensitive subjects, and two, you're still my son; I waited up for you, to make sure you were safe." He carefully hugged me. He was a totally different person now than he was before, and sometimes it was a little strange.

"Can I go to bed now?" I asked, pulling away.

"Of course. But tell me everything tomorrow!" He smiled as I walked upstairs.

I collapsed on my bed, and spent a good hour sorting through what happened today, eventually falling into a deep sleep.

Jeez you guys, this story is growing way faster than my other books! Thank you!
Love you, my little stars!
~RaeTheStar