The End? ~22

Error shot out his hand, blue strings flying through the air. Suddenly, everyone was fighting, jumping to their feet.

The strings kept trying to grab me, but Ink kept them at bay with his paintbrush. I stood frozen, unsure if I should try to fight, or let everyone protect me.

"Get the girl." Chara jumped at Error's command, running straight at me. Ink moved to block her, leaving an opening for the blue strings to wrap around me.

"Sans!" I choked. He was instantly by my side, yanking on the cords.

"I can't- they won't budge!" He grunted. "Don't worry. Stay still." He summoned some Gaster blasters, sending small beams to cut the cords.

"Thanks Sans."

"No problem. Now you stay hidden. I'm going to free Frisk. He must be trapped in the Anti-void somewhere."

"I'm coming with you." I decided.

"What!? No, it's too dangerous! I can't lose you."

I took his shoulders and looked him straight in the eye. "Comic Sans Gaster, I am going to die. There is no way around it. I might as well die helping the one I love."

"Y-You mean 'ones', right? As in, all our friends?" He stuttered.

"No Sans. Th-That's what I wanted to tell you. I-I love you." We both blushed brightly.

Ink smashed into me, thrown back by Error's strings. "We need to go. Now." He took my hand, and led me through the open portal at the door.

"S-Sans!" A frail voice called out.

"Frisk!" He started running in the direction of the voice. Soon, we found a boy who seemed to look fairly similar to Chara, presumably Frisk. "Oh Frisk, I'm so sorry!" He began to sprint toward him, but was blocked by Chara, who had jumped in the way.

"Thought you could sneak off unnoticed, huh?" He chuckled. "Let's go, smiley trashbag." Sans and Chara started fighting, hopping around attacking.

"Y/n!" Sans shouted. "Free Frisk! I'll keep Chara distracted."

Watching Sans fight pained me. I could see how tired he was, and his attack was slowing down. I ran over to Frisk and summoned some Gaster blasters. I glanced at them for a second; I had never seen my own blasters. They were fairly similar to Sans', if not a bit less evil-looking. I focused and made a small beam come out, like I saw Sans do.

Frisk hugged me once his arms were free. "Thank you- wait, your soul isn't beating very strongly." He summoned my soul and we both gasped. It was practically cracked in half, with hairline fractures spreading through the rest. I could practically feel myself fading.

"What is up with your soul? Your dying!"

"I-I know. It's not a real soul. I probably won't last much longer." I sat down, feeling weak in the knees. "Please. Keep Sans safe for me."

Frisk nodded and ran towards where Sans and Chara were still fighting. I watched them duel for a while, but I could feel myself slipping.

"There you are, Glitch." Error appeared in front of me and strung me up with his wires. They seemed to suck the very life from me. "Once I've destroyed your world, Frisk will have nothing to hope for."

Chara hopped over, Sans and Frisk left unconscious. "Their hope will drop so low, I can take their soul with ease! Then, we'll finally be strong enough to defeat you. The soul I'm -ahem- borrowing, it's as strong as a determination soul."

"But-" I said softly. "I'm gonna die right now anyways. Why do all of this?"

Chara laughed a creepy laugh. "Because you are just like Ink! He doesn't thane a soul, he exists solely on creativity, and Error here can't kill him. Without your fake soul, you'll probably enter a coma-like state, and continue existing. We can't let that happen!" He smiled.

"Too bad none of that will ever happen!" Ink smacked Error with his paintbrush, sending him flying. Undyne was close behind, punching Chara in the face. I just watched as the colors blended together. There was a face close to mine as the strings released me.

Can you hear me?

It sounded like I was underwater.

Is this what death feels like?

I must say, it's rather relaxing.

Don't leave us!

I'm not going anywhere, silly.

I can't feel my limbs if I wanted to move.

Please wake up Y/n.

Please wake up.

Please...

Sans' POV

I woke up with a splitting headache. Instantly, I shot up, looking for Y/n. I had been running to free her when Chara smacked me with his knife, knocking me out. Gaster was fighting him at the moment, and Ink, Undyne and Error were locked in combat as well. I sprinted to where Y/n was tied up and blasted her free, she fell limply into my arms as I fell to the ground.

"Can you hear me?"

No response.

"Don't leave us!"

No response.

"Please wake up Y/n." I sobbed.

"Please wake up."

"Please..."

I felt her soul, and it was barely beating. Much longer, and she'd be gone.

Gaster's POV

Chara and I had been fighting for quite awhile, when I heard Sans crying. Instantly, I was ten times angrier. "How dare you hurt my son!" In Blind rage, and trust out my arm, and something fascinating happened. Black ooze shot from my arm, extending my arm. The black hand reached out and somehow grabbed onto his soul.

"Wha-" The look of pure terror disappeared instantly as I ripped the soul towards me. He screamed in agony, and melted away. I stared in shock at the soul in my black hand. Apparently this 'void ooze' allowed me to rip out his soul, and hold it without absorbing it.

"Please..." I remembered Sans crying, and ran over to him.

"Sans! I have an idea!" I slid on my knees and landed my him, seeing Y/n's poor condition. I pulled out her soul, and found there was only a small shard left. In pure desperation, I took the soul in my hand, and shoved it into her chest.

Love you, my little stars!
~RaeTheStar