Explanation ~25

"Spaghetti, anyone?"

We were all sitting in the family room, eating a spaghetti dinner Papyrus joyfully made.

"This spaghetti isn't half-bad, Papyrus!" Undyne said as she shoved a bite in her face.

"Y-Yeah, you're growing a-a lot." Alphys agreed.

"He's learned it from the best." Gaster bragged, wrapping Papyrus in a hug, who made a happy noise.

"Haha! It's so fun to meet you, Dr. Gaster!" Frisk said happily.

"Yes, I suppose I only came back this timeline, huh? We've never met face to face, yet I watched you every pervious one in the void." His expression darkened.

Frisk shifted under his gaze nervously. "Uh, yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you guys about that."

"WHAT IS IT, NEW FRISK?" Papyrus asked. He insisted on calling him 'New Frisk', since I was 'original Frisk'.

"Well, you wouldn't remember the past timelines, but I, ah, did some not very nice stuff."

Gaster growled. "I know. All too well. I watched you kill my sons over and over."

Papyrus gasped, looking at Frisk terrified.

"No, Papyrus, please!" Frisk had tears in his eyes. "I need to explain this to all of you."

Frisk's POV
~Previously~

"Chara, why won't you leave me alone?" I begged as I rocked back and forth in front of the Reset button.

"C'mon, I know you're curious. You didn't kill anyone, and you made yet to the surface. But what happens if you kill them?" He floated around my head, giggling.

"No, I love my friends. I would never!" I shook my head. But, he had a point. I could always just reset...

"Exactly! Just try it once, see what happens, and then come back." He egged me on, clouding my judgement.

"I-I guess your right..." I hesitantly reached for the Reset button, the light flooding around me.

~Later~

"C-Chara? What's happening? I can't-" I tried to move my arm, but if refused to obey.

"Oh, that? It's just a minor side effect of the switch." He said casually.

"What?"

"I took over your body, idiot. Once the numbness wears off, you'll be able to fly around and stuff like I did." My body began moving, and I found I could slowly float behind.

"How-"

"How did I do it? Easy. Once you decided on genocide, our minds were united, and the switch was simple. How do I know all this? Also easy. I've been through it before..."

~Later~

"Chara, please, let me back in!" I was bawling. Chara had killed everyone in the Underground, including Flowey.

"Hmmm... Nope!" He cackled, approaching the Reset button. "I feel like killing them all again!"

"But- But you said-!"

"Yeah, well I'm a soulless liar." He shrugged, resetting again.

Your POV
~Present~

Frisk was in tears. "An-And he reset over and over, and I c-couldn't do anything!"

Papyrus hugged him tightly, also tearing up. "IT'S OKAY, LITTLE FRISK. IT'S OVER NOW!"

"Yeah, why didn't you fall down this timeline?" Sans asked.

Frisk's POV
~Past Again~

"Please, Chara, you've reset so many times. Is there nothing I can do to stop your genocide?" I asked hopelessly, at the Reset button once again.

"Well, I suppose there's technically one thing, but why should I help you?" He folded his arms, dusty knife still in hand.

"I can find a soul for you!"

"That sounds like a good plan- plus my plan makes it even easier to get me a soul. Deal!" He stuck out his hand.

Unsure where this might be going, I shook. "Okay, now what?"

"Now you sell your soul to Error. Just think, no soul, no existence, no genocide!" He snapped, and a strange portal opened. "Meet Error Sans."

Your POV
~Present Time~

"S-So Error and Chara worked together t-to get you to s-sell your soul to them?" Alphys clarified.

"Yeah."

"Wait, why?" Undyne asked.

"Well, if I wasn't in this universe, the power to save would go to Flowey, who is on their team. Plus, then Chara could have my soul once they destroyed the rest of the universe."

"So I guess he was using a monster soul to gain enough power to take your soul, then?" Gaster asked, intrigued.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry about all the pain and trouble I've caused you guys."

"It's really no big deal, and long as you never do it again." Sans growled, eye glowing.

"C'mon Sans, it wasn't Frisk who did any of it. Be nice." I wrapped an arm around his shoulder, blushing. We like each other, so why not, right?

"I-I guess." Sans hesitated before hugging me back. It was a nice, slightly awkward hug.

"AWWWWW!!!! Are you guys a thing now?!" Gaster's eyes shone with pure joy.

I turned to Sans, who looked how I felt. I think that'd be cool, if that's fine with you...

"Heh, yeah." We blushed as everyone danced around the room, overjoyed. "It's not that big a deal guys, really..."

"It's a big deal! I'm gonna be a grandpa!"

"DINGS!!"

Love you, my little stars! (And so does Sans)
~RaeTheStar