19. Ghost Story

Depuis le début

"Did you know Fury hired the pirates?" Steve asked ignoring my comment and looking to Natasha. Hired the pirates? I must have zoned out during this conversation at Pierce's office. Natasha's eyes flickered across Steve's face that was now inches from hers.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Natasha said causing Steve to push her against the wall.... again. Seriously Steve you need to chill buddy.

"I'm not gonna ask you again." Steve said. Didn't he basically ask her again though? 

Natasha's green eyes examined Steve's blue eyes before responding with shocking words. "I know who killed Fury . . . Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years." Well thats only around 24 in 50 years, thats not a whole lot if you think about it.  That's only . . . 2.083 every year. So it's not a whole lot for one guy. And the guy that killed Fury, the Winter Soldier, looked way younger than 50 so I think Natasha might have a little bit of false information or there's just more to the story that we don't know.

"So he's a ghost story." Steve stated.

"Five years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out. But the winter soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." Natasha said before lifting up her shirt slightly to show the scar. It was red and white, you could still see where it had been stitched. "Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-Bye bikinis." She said with a smirk. I almost laughed at her joke but then immediately felt bad for the wound not healing right.

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve spoke. I slapped him hard in the shoulder but he didn't even flinch. That was a terrible thing to say. And guys wonder why some girls are insecure. 

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said he's a ghost story." Natasha said recovering from Steve's hit with words. She held up the drive to Steve but I snatched it out of her hands quickly. I didn't trust Steve with it anymore. Of all places you put it, a vending machine with easy access. Idiot.

"Let's find out what the ghost wants." I said with a smirk and placed my black sunglasses back on. 

"How are we gonna do that?" Steve asked looking at me. I rolled my eyes and raised the flash drive, for some reason he still seemed confused.

"All of our computers are issued by SHIELD. And you left yours back at the Tower." Natasha said, thinking she had shut my idea down.

"You know, for an assassin and a super-soldier, you guys are pretty stupid." I said with a frown.

"Well then what's the plan, genius? "Steve asked with his brown eyebrows raised. 

"First, we need to go to the mall. Second, we need to go and get new clothes. Third, were gonna take a visit to the Apple store where we will have access to using a computer that isn't with SHIELD." I said with a serious voice before ending with a bright smile. They nodded their heads in agreement, shocked by my brilliant plan.

---

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." Natasha told a worried Steve whose steps were beginning to get faster.

"If I run in these shoes they're gonna fall off." Steve said annoyed. I had given Steve a Captain America shirt ( Yeah, he was pissed. ) , a blue jacket, another green jacket to put over it, fake hipster glasses, and Air Jordan high tops. He already had jeans on so we stuck with those. Natasha had also found a new hat for him to wear, it was a veteran world war 2 hat.