40- Regret

Tobias Pov

I feel the bed shift as someone moves away from me. I groan a bit and the movement stops.

What time is it?

Who else is here?

Why are they moving so much?

I remember Tris coming home with me and falling asleep slightly before me...

Is it her?

Feeling the bed shift again I open my eyes just a sliver to be faced with a person back, with blonde hair laying right above the person shoulders.

When I realize that it is Tris moving around I open my eyes fully. She's sitting up and her one leg is bent and I'm guessing her other one is hanging off the bed. She stays still, probably thinking I'm still asleep.

"Tris?" I ask groggily.

She turns her head towards me and I can see her face now, her eyes are bloodshot but there are no tears running down her face.

"Hey, you alright?" I ask rubbing her back lightly. She nods blinking.

"Why are you up?" I ask looking at her confused.

"I um, I just had a nightmare." She says quietly.

I sit up more, using my arm to support me. "You want to talk about it?" She shakes her head.

"I'd rather not,"

"Okay, do want some water or something?" I sit up fully now.

"No, I'm alright." She runs her hand through her knotty hair.

"You sure, I can go get you some, it's no big deal." I try to convince her.

"No and if I do I can get it." She gets up fully and turns to look at me.

"Where are you going?" I lean over to my nightstand and turn the bed side lamp on. The light is bright and it hurts my eyes for a second as I look at the clock.

"It's four am Tris, come back to bed." I throw my legs over the side of the bed.

"I'm alright Tobias, don't get up." She walks over to me and rests her hand on my shoulder. I look at her and she looks back at me. Her eyes are so red that her blue grey eyes look just like a piercing light blue.

"Tris your exhausted, your eyes are so blood shotted that your eyes are more blue then grey, come on." I pull on her waist lightly and she looks up past me.

"I can't sleep." She sighs looking back at me. "Yes you can Tris, seriously you look like your about to fall asleep just standing here."

She shakes her head, "I have to many nightmares and I would prefer not to wake up screaming."

"It's not any better then being awake alone and let yourself think," I tell her honestly.

"Maybe," She whispers.

"When was the last time you have actually slept?" I ask her raising my eyebrows. She looks into my eyes and thinks.

"I don't know." She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Exactly, point made now come on I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you." I rub her sides.

"With what?" She gives me a small smile.

"My bare hands, obviously."

**********

After a good twenty minutes of telling Tris to go back to bed last night she finally agreed, sure it took her another thirty minutes to fall asleep but she did so that's all that matters.