ten | i love you

CLARKE:

"Here we go again."

I put the radio to my mouth.

"Bellamy, if you can hear me, you're alive. It's been two thousand, one hundred, ninety nine days since Praimfaya. I don't know why I still do this everyday. Maybe it's my way of staying sane, not forgetting who I am... who I was." I pause. "It's been safe for you to come down for over a year now. Why haven't you?" I feel a tear in my eye, but try to stay strong, at least this time. "The bunker's gone silent, too. We tried digging them out for a while, but there was too much rubble. I haven't made contact with them, either." I look out onto the healing planet. "Anyway, I still have hope. Tell Raven to aim for the one spot of green, and you'll find me. The rest of the planet, from what I've seen, basically sucks, so-"

Suddenly, I hear a large noise from the sky. I look around into the clouds and see something in the distance. It looks like a ship.

I stand up, breathless. Is it really them?

It has to be. I let out a shaky smile. "Nevermind," I say into the walkie. "I see you."

The ship comes closer and I can't stop watching it. This has been everything I've wanted to see for years. And it's right in front of me. It's surreal.

Then, I remember I have to tell Madi. She's been waiting for this, too. I run to the back of the rover and climb in. I wake her up and we rush back out to see the ship. It's so close now. It looks like it's about to land on the valley before the ridge we're on.

"Let's go," I tell Madi, and we jog around the side, where there's an easier way to get down.

By the time we get down there, the ship is on the ground. I run to it, Madi slightly behind me.

My heart is racing as the door opens. Someone steps out. Bellamy.

He's scanning the surroundings and an uncontainable smile breaks out on my face as I see him. I start crying, and I put my hand to my mouth. I'm just standing there, paralyzed.

And then he sees me. His face changes instantly. He looks exactly how I feel: relieved, overjoyed, overwhelmed. He hops off the ship and starts sprinting towards me. I cry even harder, and try to wipe the tears away.

He's just feet away, then inches, then-

His body slams into me, and I'm in his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he squeezes my abdomen. Nothing has ever felt more like home.

"Oh my God, oh my God," he's muttering under his breath.

I let out a teary laugh and hold him even tighter, crying even harder.

"You're here," he whispers. "You're here."

Even though I don't want to, I let go of him, prompting him to let go of me. I still hang onto his arms.

We're facing each other, examining each other, how we've changed. He hasn't much, but he definitely looks older. There are tears running down his face, identical to mine.

"You're alive," he says, not being able to hold back a smile.

I just nod, and bite my lip, trying not to sob. "I missed you so much," I say, hugging him again.

"Clarke-"

He breaks our embrace and meets my eyes. God, I forgot how much I love his eyes.

"I love you."

Hearing that almost makes me lose it.

"I love you," I say back, my voice trembling, my vision blurred from tears.

He brings his hand to my face, and wipes one of my cheeks.

I just laugh, and say it again. "I love you." I will never be able to say it enough.

He smiles as he cries even more. Then, he holds the back of my head in his hand and leans forward. I meet him halfway, and our lips meet.

He feels like happiness. I can taste the salt from his tears. We just stand there, kissing as softly as I've ever kissed someone, as deeply as I ever have. This is everything I've been waiting for.

I forget about the world around us. I forget about Madi, and the others, and everything. I think about Bellamy, about how he is literally here in my arms, when after for so long, I feared he would never be again.

He leans back, and smiles at me.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for that," he says, grinning.

"Oh, I think I do," I reply, laughing.

We're so close that I lean forward and our foreheads touch. I close my eyes and open them again to make sure that I'm not dreaming. I open them, and I see him. I'm not.

I look up at his face. His wonderful, magical face. My home.

"There's someone I want you to meet," I tell him, taking his hand, and turning around.

Madi's standing there patiently, a knowing smile on her face.

"Bellamy," I say, squeezing his hand. "This is Madi."

"Hi!" she says enthusiastically. Immediately, she embraces him and he looks a litte shocked. But he wraps his free hand around her hand, bringing her close to him.

"Who's this?" he asks me, quietly enough that she can't hear.

"We have a lot to catch up on," I tell him, unable to wipe the smile off of my face.

He grins, then pulls me into the hug with Madi. Over his shoulder, I see the rest of the group getting off of the ship. They figure out what's going on, and all come running, like Bellamy did.

"Clarke!" Raven shouts.

I see them all. Raven, Monty, Harper, Murphy, Emori, Echo. They all made it. Even more relief floods my body.

I kiss Bellamy on the cheek, then run to meet them, first hugging Raven, then Monty, then everyone as they all huddle around me.

I hear a flurry of responses.

"I can't believe you're here!"

"Are you okay?"

"Who is that with Bellamy?"

"How are you alive?"

But I just take it all in and smile as I cry. Bellamy and Madi join us, and I hug them both so tightly that I don't think I'm ever letting go. I close my eyes and just revel in this feeling. Home.

Ahh it's finished! I wasn't really sure how to write such an anticipated reunion, so I hope this lived up to your expectations. This is it for this fic, but I'm going to write more for sure, maybe even about some other ships. I can't wait. I hope you liked it, I had a lot of fun writing this and it helped me stay emotional about Bellarke during the hiatus. I'm so nervous for the real Bellarke reunion, I hope it all goes well and we get it soon after the season starts. If you liked this, please vote or comment! Also, please follow my fan account on instagram, @ arkofclarke . I guess that's all. Thanks for all of your support, ily!

Update: Please check out my two other Bellarke fics, "Real" and "Complicated"!