Falling in Love All Over Again

"She says, "If life was a movie, then it wouldn't end like this, left without a kiss." Still, she smiles, the way she smiles, yeah. She's talking to angels,

she's counting the stars, making a wish on a passing car. She's dancing with strangers, she's falling apart Waiting for Superman to pick her up, in his arms, yeah, in his arms, yeah, she's waiting for Superman...to lift her up and take her anywhere, show her love and flying through the air, save her now before it's too late tonight."

~Daughtry, Waiting for Superman

Chapter 21

Things hadn't been this good between us for a long time. Neither of us were at each other's throats. We both made an effort to talk and spend time with each other.

Now don't get me wrong, we still had our moments, namely me, when we started redoubting our relationship again. But overall, all seemed to be well in Emily and Nick relationship land.

Today marked the 3 week mark in our recovery of our relationship. I pull into the Harris Teeter parking lot. I text him that I'm here and wait.

A dark green truck catches my eye. I jerk my head around to follow it. It looks like his. I follow it until it parks, carefully I watch as the person climbs out.

Seeing who it was-or better yet, wasn't-I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding. It wasn't him. I didn't know if that made me feel better or not. I missed him, deep down.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

I jump at the sound. Jerking my head around, I see it's Nick. Giving him a shaky smile, I turn off my car and climb out.

"Jumpy much?" he cocks an eyebrow.

"No," I try to defend myself. Laughing it off, I climb into his Jeep and thankfully he doesn't say anything else on the subject.

We carry on random conversations on our way to Best Buy, not ever settling on one conversation. Eventually we pull into the Best Buy parking lot.

Stepping out of the car, he grabs my hand and we walk hand-in-hand up to the store. Entering the store, Nick literally drags me over to the computers. He makes me look at each and every computer.

"Stay here," he instructs me as he goes over to the other side of the laptop area. I roll my eyes and stroll up and down the aisle.

"Ma'am can I help you?" a voice asks. I look up into the eyes of an attractive college student, who obviously worked here.

"Umm, no, but thank you," I smile back.

"Okay, well come get me if you need any help." He lingers a bit longer than necessary before leaving.

Smiling, I turn around, just to come face to face with Nick. I jump back, not expecting him to be there.

"So the Best Buy nerd?" he asks.

"What about him?" I ask clueless.

"Flirting with him," he says with a smirk.

"Was not! How was that flirting with him," I defend myself.

"He was eyeing you up and down."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and walk off. I was not putting up with his insecure ass.

I walk away from him, hoping to lose him. But luck didn't seem to be on my side, seeing as he found me a minute later.

Slinging his arm around me, he kisses my forehead. "Sorry babe, I just got jealous, cause you're mine and only mine. I don't like to share."

I just looked at him and snorted. We walk out of the store, hand-in-hand, smiles plastered to our face. Overall having a good time. Better than some dates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for another crap chapter, I've kinda lost motivation for writing this book even though I'm almost done with it. Sorry!!!!!!