sixteen | A C A T A P H A S I A

"Please kill me,"

Caine was the least bit pleased by this request. What the hell would cause her to become suicidal in a matter of hours? It was a strange behavior. With his right hand around her neck he withdrew and sighed irritably as he scratched the back of his head. Of course, he wouldn't let her die when he'd promised to protect her, but why would she be acting this way when they were supposed to develop trust?

"Caine, please!" The human cried out as she reached out to him.

Rising from his kneeling position, Caine gazed blankly at the human while running his hand through his flaxen locks. 'Now she's begging?' He thought. Perhaps it was the fever getting to her. Yeah, it's probably just the fever. If she were to rest a little longer, she should be fine, wouldn't she? His encounter with Eve made him worry if any more people were going to intrude and potentially harm _____, so he had to act quickly.

While _____ was a sobbing mess, she suddenly lurched back into a coughing fit. Caine went back down onto his knees to rub her back, assisted her with taking her medicine and having her drinking water. After that, she was back to sleep again with her head resting on his chest. He peeled her off of him and placed her back onto the matted ground. Then he began to pack things neatly back into the brown leather satchel.

Lastly, he searched around the area for the sword that separated from him after his short battle. When he found it, however, the silver blade was shattered. Of course, before they'd depart, he'd have to find a new blade unless he wanted to fight with his bare fists. He was capable of that, but preferably, he'd deal more damage with a weapon in-hand.

After scanning briefly through the new information that was forced inside of him, he felt a strange sensation consume him once he awoke. Like some weight was lifted from his shoulders, yet there was still a strong presence. Another feeling surged, and it wasn't a very comfortable feeling. It was nipping at him and decreasing his strength as he went about. After Eve had touched him, Caine's only hypothesis was that he infected him with a small virus that gave him false memories. There was no way he was similar to the android that existed only in text. Likely, this was one of the symptoms of the logic virus that corrupted and killed many of the YorHa units this "13E" had watched over before.

Despite this, he wondered if any other androids recognized him. If he were a stronger unit in order to protect the data he worked so hard to collect, then certainly he'd be a presence worth talking about even at this time. Not only did he think of that, he also questioned how long he'd been out of touch with the rest of the world. The ex-YorHa A2 stated that he'd been overtaken by the virus and had died by suicide recently, but recently could also mean a couple decades. Time was portrayed much differently to beings like androids or machines.

He'd ventured around the ancient structural grounds in search of a merchant. Caine stumbled across one nearby an access point, which he soon identified the logo of YorHa on its bright blue screen. These things were everywhere, and as much as he found the transportation option useful, he wouldn't use it often. He was paranoid of being caught by the organization that annihilated wanted androids like him. A2 was a confident woman who used these devices, but he himself took precaution and decided to move around by foot.

The weapons merchant, otherwise called the Blacksmith Masamune, sold weapons wielded by machines and Caine glanced coldly at blacksmith after he'd exchanged the broken blade. The blacksmith told him he'd be able to repair the blade, but it would take time and a sufficient amount of titanium alloys. Realizing the time he had, he refused to get the blade reforged and instead, purchased the machine axe. It was a heavier weapon wielded by machines, but Caine was certain it would be useful in combat.