Epilogue: Honeymoon

"You cheated!" she screams at me.

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes you did! I saw you looking into my hand!"

"I'm sitting across from you! How the hell am I supposed to look into your hand?" I ask her. I can't play dominos with this girl. "You just hate the fact that I've won. Again."

"Fuck you, Caleb."

"You did this morning," I remind her.

"Okay. One more time. And this time, no cheating."

"I didn't— whatever. You're just going to keep going until you get an aneurysm if I let you. So no."

"Please!"

"I said no. Now let's find something else to do."

"Let's make smoothies."

"No. You did that last night."

"Play GTA?"

"On the laptop? Don't feel like it."

"What do you feel like doing?" she asks with a knowing smile. She just wants me to say it out loud.

"I want to repeat this morning's activities," I tell her, crawling around the coffee table to sit beside her.

"Really now?"

"Yes. I want you," I whisper, kissing her gently. "I want to take you to bed and—"

"Room service!" we hear a male voice shout, accompanied by loud knocking.

"Go fuck yourself!"

"Coming!" we shout at the same time. Evetta gives me an amused look and gets up to let him in.

"Eve!"

"What?"

"I have a boner," I whine, looking down at the rather large bulge in my pants.

"Think about dog shit," she advises.

"I can't stop thinking about your—"

Wait in the bathroom until it goes down. I'll tell him to clean the beds first."

"Okay." So I lock myself in the bathroom. So much for getting some.

***

"It's so bloody hot," I complain, the sun beating down on my skin.

"No, it's warm. You don't want to see hot. Please put on some sunscreen."

"But you're not wearing any."

"I have melanin. Put it on. You're turning into a lobster before my eyes."

"Fine. But you have to do it too. If I'm gonna rub that nasty shit all over my body, so are you."

"Fine."

Once we both smell like shit, we go to the pool.

"God damnit, there are so many kids."

"You don't like kids?"

"Yeah, I do, but they're so loud."

"Just ignore them."

"Oh my god, now one of the little fuckers is crying," I groan as I hear a child wailing in dispair. I turn to look at her, and see that a woman is desperately trying to calm her. What maintains my attention, however, is the fact that the woman is wearing a shower cap.

"Eve?"

"Huh?"

"That lady is wearing a shower cap."

"Oh. Hear hair is processed. She doesn't want water splashing on it."

"But when she swims, her head will go in the water."

"That's why she's standing in the shallow end."

Oh.

"Why doesn't she just get a swim cap?"

"Because that costs money. And the shower cap works for her. A lot of them use it. Look," she says pointing with her chin to two women walking side by side in shower caps.

"In all my years, I've never seen this."

"Really? I don't think it's Jamaican thing. It's just something that women do when their hair isn't natural."

"Wow. Just... wow."

"Well... Let's go back to our room, and get away from the shrieking children, huh?"

"I want to swim," she whines.

"And I want to fuck."

"Ten more minutes."

"Five."

"Fine."

***

"My mother called. She said that we should stay with her for a while after the honeymoon," Eve informs me as I walk into the room. She's playing the violin in her bikini.

"Really? On our honeymoon?"

"Sorry, I was bored," she mumbles, putting the instrument away.

"I was gone for five minutes."

"Did you get it?"

"Reservation for the Indian Cuisine restaurant tonight." This hotel has a bunch of different restaurants that are available to dine in each night. You just need to make reservations.

"Good. I can't wait! I love Indian foo— Caleb, what are you doing?" she asks as I unbutton the front of my jeans.

"What people do on honeymoons," I murmur as I walk towards her.

"Wait."

"What," I groan in exasperation.

"I need to shower."

"You're coming from the pool, and I'm about to get you sweaty again, anyways."

"I know, but—"

"Why are you procrastinating?" I ask, walking right up to her and wrapping my arms around her. I look into her eyes and see a devious spark.

"You're trying to rile me up," I accuse.

"Listen—"

"Why? So I'll be more exciting? Is that it?"

"Kind of— not really—"

I grab a fist full of her hair and pull it so that she's looking at me. I can see the arousal in her eyes.

"Don't lie to me, Evetta," I whisper. She shivers at the sound of her full name on my tongue.

"Of course."

My hands wonder into her bikini bottoms. She's soaking wet — and not with pool water.

I intend to make her wetter, if you know what I mean.

***
"That was amazing," she whispers.

"That was way too quick."

"You want to go more slowly?" she asks, as she stands and turns to face me, a surprised look on her face.

"No, I want to go again. I think I can last longer."

"Of course, Mr. Winters," she says with a grin. "Will you be doing that now?"

"Yes, Mrs. Winters," I tell her, copying her attitude. "Now would be nice," I reply, taking off her swim top, freeing her breasts. "After all, we have a few hours until the reservation."

We end up missing the reservation, but I think that the sex is definitely worth it.