Courtroom

John's POV
It had been two weeks since we found out about Maria. Today was her court day. Burr was able to be her lawyer. James has no chance or winning. I was terrified. I have never been in a courthouse before. But it's for my friend, not me.

"Alex let's go!" I had to shout because he acts like he's deaf sometimes.

"Coming!!!" I watched him run down the stairs and fall...into my arms. He's so clumsy but God I love him.

"Morning love! Ready to go?" His morning voice was sweet and calm.

"Of course."

I had a small reply. We walked out the dorm hand in hand and out towards my car. He was very quiet on the way there. Not an awkward quiet, but a good quiet. Occasionally I would look at him and stare. I look into his eyes and the sky's the limit. He always pulls his hair up but the way it sways with the wind is perfect. His smile is perfect, he's perfect.

After about 30 minutes of driving we reached the courthouse. Alex looked nervous so I grabbed his hand. We walked into the courtroom and immediately spotted our friends, Maria, and Burr.

"Mon ami's! We were getting worried." Laf spoke in his heavy French accent.

"There was a lot of traffic but we're here now." I was still holding Alex's hand. I didn't mind and he seemed relaxed. I then heard a gavel being banged on a hard surface. I knew that meant the court was starting.

"Today we are here to discuss the issue of James Reynolds and Maria Lewis. Ms.Lewis, please come forward and place your right hand on the bible."

Maria did as she was told. Alex seemed to tense up a bit so I gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I do."

The judge had James do the same thing. Eventually James was found guilty and was sentenced to 5 years in prison and 2 years of community service. He was never allowed to step foot onto campus ever again and Maria also followed a restraining order. I grabbed Alex and led him to an empty room in the courthouse.

"We did it!" I squealed. "We won!"

I pulled Alex in for a hug but ended up kissing him. He quickly kissed me back. It started to turn into a more passionate kiss. Alex's hands were roaming my body. His tongue was asking for access as he liked my bottom lip. I gladly let him in and we fought for dominace. He won. I started to pull his shirt up. We pulled away for a quick moment of air.

"Maybe we should take this back to our dorm?" I wanted to continue but we need a more private place.

"I guess." Alex looked disappointed.

"Come on Lex let's go home."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's such a short chapter. I think it's a cute chapter. Just wait until the next one, shit gets real. See you soon my beautiful turtle.🐢❤