Wedding Bells

Laf's POV
This is it. The day I get married. The Schuyler's and my sister sat in the room with me while I got ready. I fiddled with the material of my dress while Eliza did my hair. After she pulled and teased and set my hair, she spun me around so I could see myself. A simple yet elegant bun with pieces of hair hanging down framing my face sat atop my head. I smiled and hugged Eliza.

"Thank you Eliza! Zis is beau!"

"No problem Laffy! Now put your shoes and tiara on because it's go time in five minutes!" She handed me my items and I started freaking out.

"I can't do this! What if someone objects? What if Herc says no?!" Adrienne walked towards me and kissed my cheek.

"Gilly, you'll be fine. Mom and dad would be so proud to see you. Mon amour, respire. Je t'aime Gilbert." I nodded and she and the Sisters lined up to walk out. Washington walked to my side and we linked arms.

"Lafayette, I'm so proud of you. Nothing makes me happier than getting to walk you down the aisle at your wedding."

"Thanks father." He nodded and I heard the familiar sound of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

We walked down the aisle slowly and I admired the flower work that Adalicia had managed to do. Herc became teary as I got closer. By the time I reached the alter he had tears streaming down his face. I hugged my dad and he went to join my mother in a seat. I walked up to Herc and he grabbed my hand.

"You look lovely Laffy." I blushed and the priest began his speech.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered he today to witness these two men come together in Holy matrimony..." His speech drew out and eventually we reached the vows. I decided to go first.

"Hercules, I have never met anyone else who 'as been able to light up my world. I love waking up next to you every morning and seeing you smile. You don't understand 'ow much you mean to me. Je a'time Herc. With this ring, I wed thee." I slid his wedding band onto his finger and he looked nervous.

"Well, I didn't really have anything planned so, time to wing it!" The crowd,Herc, and I laughed. "Laf, I'll never forget the day we met in high school. If you hadn't bumped into me, I don't think we would be standing at this alter. We became friends and then later met the dorkiest person ever who decided to date a even bigger dork. You have always been by my side and I am thankful for you. So with this ring, I wed thee." He slipped my ring onto my finger and the priest spoke.

"Do you Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette take Hercules Mulligan to be your lawfully wedded husband and promise to cherish him through sickness and health?" I wiped a tear from my eye yet nodded.

"Oui. I do."

"Do you Hercules Mulligan take Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette to be your lawfully wedded husband and promise to cherish him through sickness and health?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom!" Herc pulled me into a passionate kiss and I reciprocated it. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. and Mr. de Lafayette!" I could people screaming but blocked it out. When we pulled away everyone stood and clapped as Herc carried me down the aisle and the Sisters and John and Alex and Adrienne followed while music played. (It's like the one episode of Glee where Kurt's dad and Finn's mom get married and they have this big musical filled wedding)

Time skip to the reception
Herc and I sat at a table with our closet friends and my sister as Alex stood up.

"I'd like to make a toast! To the groom!" Everyone raised their glasses and did that for a bit until Alex began his actual speech.

"I could go on and on about these two men for hours but John told me I couldn't do that." We all laughed as Alex stood in the middle of the floor with a microphone. "I've only know these guys for a year and look where I am now: a brother and a best man. I love you guys and we all do. We're going to miss you at college Herc. And Laf won't be the same as a married man. To the newlyweds!" Alex took a sip of his sparkling cider as we wouldn't allow him to have alcohol. The audience cheered for us as we kissed.

Later it was around midnight when we decided to call it a night. The Sisters congratulated us and I got to hold my niece. Before Adrienne could leave Herc and I had to ask a question.

"Adri? Amour?" Adrienne turned around and walked towards me with Adalicia.

"Oui Gilly?" Herc wrapped his arm around my waist and I melted into it. It seems as Herc took the words right out of my mouth before I could.

"If it's not too much, Laf and I want you to surrogate our child. Not now of course but in about a year or two."

"Oh Gilly! I'd love too bless you with a child. Come here! You too Herc, you're now my brother." Adrienne hugged both Herc and I and I smiled. Tears of joy flooded my eyes and Herc wiped them away. We told Adrienne goodbye and walked to our car.

"Let's go home." He drove me to an apartment that was appearantly ours now. It was fully furnished and when we got to the bedroom, I began undressing. It was nice to be out of that dress for once.

We stepped into the bathtub Herc had prepared and he began washing my hair yet it turned into a little something more...A BUBBLE FIGHT!!!

After acting like 3 year olds in the bath, we changed into pajamas and crawled in bed. We cuddled and said goodnight before peacefully falling asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So good but bad news. This book has maybe two chapters left but I'm writing a sequel!!!! Eeeee! I know. I hope you enjoyed this Mullette wedding. Au revoir my beautiful turtles!🐢❤