Chapter 6 - Edited Once

Start from the beginning

"Come on," Jaxon said, and we followed, or should I say, they followed me because I was walking ahead of them. I could have tried to escape, but I knew I could not outrun four males. So, I just looked around.

When we were strolling, looking at the clothes and the creepy mannequins -they always stare at me like I'm their food- I heard a loud scream of agony. I looked around until my eyes landed on a pregnant woman holding her stomach and sitting on the floor.

I ran to her and pushed the crowd of people to make my way, then looked at her for any sign of injury or something, but I found none. As I wanted to help her stand up, I heard another ear-piercing scream from her. I bent down and looked at her stomach. I felt it and came to a conclusion. Oh boy, It's baby time.

"Ariel, what are you doing?" Jaxon asked with his eyes wide while I took off my hoodie, leaving me in a white tank top. He looked panicked, not at the woman but at my insanity.

"I'm taking it off to hold the baby when he or she comes," I answered. The woman was having intense contractions.

"Wait, she's in labor?" Aaron looked panicked. All of them looked panicked like it was the end of Oreos. Boys.

"Yes, now back off for a second, will ya?" I shouted, which made not just the boys but also the other people crowding around us back off with no word. It was too quiet.

"And someone calls 911, for God's sake, people," I yelled, then returned to work. "Okay," I looked at the woman's name tag. Her outfit was the uniform for the next store. Why was she working when she was expecting a baby at any second? Some people need money, Ariel. I know, but still!

"Scarlet, take deep breaths and try to relax." She nodded without saying anything and did as I said, but then again, another scream echoed throughout the mall. Well, it's hard to relax in this state.

"It hurts. Please help. I feel like I am being ripped apart," Scarlet cried. Her tears were covering her beautiful black eyes.

"Okay, it looks like your baby is impatient. So you will have to push, Scarlet, when I tell you to push, okay? Not now, but when I tell you." I said in a stern tone. I have to look and sound tough for her sake.

"O-okay," She replied, looking as pale as Dracula. I looked at her bottom abdominal area, and she was about seven centimeters dilated.

After waiting for ten minutes, I breathed in as I saw the crown of the baby's head. Where are the paramedics?

"Push Scarlet, push," I demanded, and she started pushing, screaming, sweating, and breathing hard. A lot of work at the same time. And they say that girls always whine.

"Come on. You can do it. I know you can." I encouraged her. Pregnant women do suffer a lot. After a few minutes of pushing and struggling, I heard the angelic cry echo through the mall, I sighed with relief, and people started clapping.

That's all you do, people? Clap? They could have said something, you know, to encourage her... but no.

I grabbed scissors from the first aid kit, sanitized it, and cut the Umbilical cord. Then I had a lady hand me a clean towel and clean the baby. After that, I grabbed my hoodie and covered the baby with it.

"A beautiful girl you got there. If you ignore the dry blood and all, she kinda has your facial features. She's adorable," I said to her mamma with a grin, and she showed me her bright smile.

"Can I hold her?" Scarlet whispered.

"Of course, she's your baby. You don't ask; you snatch!" I joked, then handed her the baby girl.

"I can't thank you enough. She's my first baby. You are amazing, and I'm lucky for your help. What's your name, sweetie?" She asked softly.

"You don't have to thank me at all. Glad I could help, and I'm Ariel. Nice to meet you," I replied, then looked at the beautiful baby before me. She reminds me of Adrian. I miss my fluff bear! It hasn't been a day but still!

"Ariel... That's a beautiful name, yes. This might sound cliche, but I'm gonna name her Ariel. Is that okay with you?" Scarlet asked me with a hopeful, bright smile. I returned the smile ten times bigger.

"Are you kidding? That would be great! Yes," I hugged her carefully, and little Ariel goodbye then stood up. I looked behind me and saw the paramedics rushing toward us. So now you show up. You're like the police at the end of an action movie. Always late.

"Where is the pregnant woman?" one of them asked, and the crowd, including my kidnappers, pointed at Scarlet and little Ariel, and we all laughed. "What? Who did that?" He asked, looking amused yet confused.

"I did, now if you will excuse me. I have to go," I replied, then took off with the boys as if nothing had happened. Like a boss.

"How did you know what to do?" Owen asked, looking puzzled.

I chuckled. "You remember my fluff bear, right?" I asked. They nodded, waiting for my reply. "Well, I was the one who helped my mom give birth to him three years ago. It was a crazy mess, but I learned my lesson," I answered with a smile remembering that day. I miss my fluff bear. I miss my mom and dad. I miss Davin and Hunter.

I felt tears were threatening to fall, but I held them back. After walking, I realized I was in my tank top, covered in blood. People were glancing at me with fear. "Okay, who's ready to shop?" I asked with an excited tone. They looked at me and facepalmed themselves.

I'm gonna have some fun.

••••••√√√•••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••

HEY HEY HEY

Hope you liked this chapter :)

Hope you vote :D

And don't be a silent reader, comment =)